mouse5150

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi i was wondering i have a 2 terrabyte drive with 500 games on it and was wondering i cant get past the 500 mark.im only using about 480 gigs alltogether and i use wii backup manager 0.3.5-beta 1.is this a limitation to a wbfs formated drive,and is their a good tutorial for partitioning this drive thanxs and this is a great community btw. yaypsp.gif

ps.to make it clearer wii backup manager wont let me put anymore than 500 games on this drive.is their a way to go past the 500 mark if not ill backup my games and partion.just looking for a good tutorial for doing this btw.thanxs
rolleyes.gif

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the whole drive is formatted in wbfs i dont think there is anything you can do to make any more partitions. best bet would be to back up your games elsewhere and then format the hdd to the way you want it, might even help to go with fat32 to make more use out of the hdd

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
If you can backup your games to another drive, then yeah you should reformat to fat32 as there's no limit with a fat32 drive, wow that's going to take some time though.

mouse5150

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah thanks clarky and chop for the info.It will take a while to backup games.was wondering a good procedure to partion to fat32 and do i have to have a wbfs file system on it.Also i read somewhere you have to have a wbfs folder on a fat32 drive as well.Do i put the games in individual folders in this wbfs folder or does this folder just reside on this drive alone.i realize these are a bunch of questions at once and hope some kind soul can help out thanks in advance.
smile.gif

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use wbfs to convert isos to wbfs files, which is pretty essential as fat32 doesnt support files over 4 gigs so an iso wouldnt fit. you should have a folder on the root of the hdd called wbfs which is used for your games, i believe the files have to go in seperate folders but you can use wbfs manager to sort that out for you

crewzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the same thing last year when I replaced my HD. I went from WBFS to FAT32. You will need to create a "wbfs" folder off of the root of your FAT32 hard drive (/wbfs) and put all your WBFS games. For individual game folder, I guess it depends on your USB Loader. I am using WiiFlow and all the games can be in '/wbfs' folder without subfolders. This is also true for USBLoader GX, no need for subfolders.

Hope this help!
-CZ

mouse5150

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks everyone for your help on this im also guessing i can just use a straight fat32 file system without having to do any partitioning correct?which is what im wanting to do for the sake of just making things simple.cheers all
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing +1