'Watch Dogs: Legion' source code reportedly leaked

watch dogs.jpg

Some weeks ago, ransomware gang "Egregor" claimed to have gained access to the internal networks of Ubisoft and Crytek and stole data from both companies. Now it seems that some of this data has actually been leaked in the form of the source code of Ubisoft's latest game Watch Dogs: Legion. There are various reports of private trackers hosting this stolen code at a size of around 560 GB. This could make way for mods, optimization and cracking of the game’s anti-piracy measures.

As for Crytek, "Egregor" apparently found documents detailing the developer's plans. These include plans for a battle-royale game called Crysis Next, Crysis VR and a new Ryse game. Additionally, their findings showed that the developer might also be planning to remaster Crysis 2 and Crysis 3.

As the source code for Watch Dogs: Legion has leaked, here's a reminder that at GBAtemp we do not, under any circumstances, condone piracy, and will not facilitate the spreading of illegal ISO files, or any other kind of warez. Please be mindful when posting in threads and:

Please do not ask for illegal files
Please do not post illegal files
Please do not share links to sites that host illegal warez
Failure to adhere will result in account suspensions or permanent bans.
This isn't our first rodeo, you have been warned!

If you see any of these activities, please report them.

If you have any questions please refer to :arrow:GBAtemp's TOS

:arrow: SOURCE

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why won't the game sell as well? piracy? assuming that piracy does harm sales, is illegally downloading some shady recompiled version of the game off the internet easier than illegally downloading a shady cracked version of the game off the internet?
according to others in this thread, the game won't sell because it sucks.

Not saying it won't sell well, just that this could hurt sales. And even if sales aren't hurt, executives could still look at this news and decide their employees aren't competent enough to protect their work and still get fired. No matter how you slice it, this news will only hurt those low level employees that actually made the game

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Praise God.
I thought that originally too but Mika made a good point
Sure the executives and heads of these AAA companies suck, but do we really believe that such a source code leak is going to impact the paycheck of these people? No, of course not, this is going to come back and bite the low-level employees that spent countless hours to make this the best game it could be. Consequently, these are going to be the people that get fired or at the very least don't get bonuses because now the game wont sell as well as it should have.

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool. Maybe someone'll do an actual PC port

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Mario 64 source code was never leaked. The game was reverse engineered which extreeeeeeemely different.
the game was reverse engineered. soon after the reverse engineering was done, the real source code leaked.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The irony of a game about hacking, got hacked. Still, of all the game sources to leak, why this game? It's not even that good.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that's fucked. I mean it's one thing for the likes of the Mario 64 source to leak some 20+ years after release, but this game just came out. Normally I'm all about mods and hacking, but this news just depresses me, not excite me.
If a security team as well known as this company can get info leaked that easily I say go gor it.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is, it is among the worst games I have played in a very long time. Its disgusting that Ubisoft can roll out such a laughably terrible game, it honestly players like a Xbox 360/ PS3 game (and that's being very kind). Bare in mind, thus us supposed to be a next gen game, I really can't see Ubisoft fixing the:

Poor and lazy game mechanics
Terrible voice acting
Atrocious a.i.

I could keep going, the reviewers aren't much better, as the scored are reasonable.

If being punished like this is what it takes, I'm on board personally, at least then there's a hope of saving the company and its IP, before the incompetent management run it into the ground.

They need to employ staff who can code too, they work in game / digital media development for fook sake.

Reactions: Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a security team as well known as this company can get info leaked that easily I say go gor it.
Psh, even the most reliable of sites and businesses get hacked anymore. It's hard for me to place blame on Ubisoft when they likely have the same security as the rest of AAA devs but just happened to be the target this time.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psh, even the most reliable of sites and businesses get hacked anymore. It's hard for me to place blame on Ubisoft when they likely have the same security as the rest of AAA devs but just happened to be the target this time.
If other sources are getting hit left and right then they need to learn and upgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @StatusN, welcome