Hacking Was the R4DS the first flashcart for the DS?

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No and no. The reason we have flashcarts is because there is no way to get external memory into the DS. Now that there is a SD slot, a firmware hack will be the answer.

My opinion at least, but I find it hard to refute.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be nice now people, not everyone uses google and we were all n00bs once.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nope, not the first DS flashcart.

Also guys, if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it.
And there's the EOF if you want to be silly.
...just reminding you all, as a member was concerned the topic would turn into a flamewar.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
JPH said:
Nope, not the first DS flashcart.

Also guys, if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it.
And there's the EOF if you want to be silly.
...just reminding you all, as a member was concerned the topic would turn into a flamewar.
but i like saying mean things!
frown.gif

@op: the first flashkart were slot 2 variations, and it took a while for slot 1's to be created. however, the dsi isn't a complete new system, and people already have homebrew running on it. i give it a few months.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
MR_COW said:
No and no. The reason we have flashcarts is because there is no way to get external memory into the DS. Now that there is a SD slot, a firmware hack will be the answer.

a certain team who i'm not sure i am allowed to name yet has a working flash kit on the dsi. from what i've read there is still no report on if the sd slot can access the internals required to run a rom and/or if it only runs secure signed code.

-another world

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Another World said:
MR_COW said:

a certain team who i'm not sure i am allowed to name yet has a working flash kit on the dsi. from what i've read there is still no report on if the sd slot can access the internals required to run a rom and/or if it only runs secure signed code.

-another world
WOW, this is quite a news Another World.....

Any info on when will this be officially announced?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Toni Plutonij said:
Another World said:
MR_COW said:

-another world
WOW, this is quite a news Another World.....

Any info on when will this be officially announced?

i was told by someone who is deep in the homebrew community, someone respected for their efforts and ties to the flash cart companies. so far i've heard a *yes* we have a working kit but no other information at this time. the funny thing is that if/when they do announce it officially you will all be amazed who it is. that statement right there pretty much gives it away. i don't want to throw to much rumor on the fire so i won't say anything more. i did drop an e-mail to the team but so far have not had a response. no yes/no/maybe/leave us alone. they are probably worried i will leak any information here, i would be if i was them. i tend to use the same username on all flash kit related forums. its funny when someone responds to an e-mail with 'weren't you just promoted at gbatemp?'

cheers,
-another world

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Another World said:
i was told by someone who is deep in the homebrew community, someone respected for their efforts and ties to the flash cart companies. so far i've heard a *yes* we have a working kit but no other information at this time. the funny thing is that if/when they do announce it officially you will all be amazed who it is. that statement right there pretty much gives it away. i don't want to throw to much rumor on the fire so i won't say anything more. i did drop an e-mail to the team but so far have not had a response. no yes/no/maybe/leave us alone. they are probably worried i will leak any information here, i would be if i was them. i tend to use the same username on all flash kit related forums. its funny when someone responds to an e-mail with 'weren't you just promoted at gbatemp?'

cheers,
-another world
Yeah, I get it....I respect that
wink.gif

Well, I can wait, I'm really curious who is it (I have some wild guesses), and when it'll happen!

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
No it wasn't...it even wasn't the first slot-1 cart..
I believe that first slot 1 cart was Ninjapass, (not 100% sure)..
Portion of this thread
QUOTE said:
2005-05 PassMe Slot-1 (booted slot-2 carts)
2005-10 NEO-Max (PassMe type device?)
2006-08 Ninjapass Junior
2006-10 DS-Xtreme (original shipdate/preorder was 8/2006, but i didnt see em as actually shipping till October)
2006-12 NinjaDS

Whodaimen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally believe the Cyclo team will get there first. They seem to have the best response time, and the best firmware updates. Not to mention the fact that they seem to be very intelligent people, and have been adding some truly unique features to their current build.

I went through 3 R4's before switching to a Cyclo. Been a year, and still going strong!

mute

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
MR_COW said:

-another world

This isn't news.. both CycloDS and Acekard have posted videos and tons of information regarding their progress on getting flashcarts working on the DSi... one google result or even a search on youtube or dcemu for that matter will tell you all you need to know. Nothing shocking, fancy, or impressive about saying someone has it working. wooooooooooooooow...
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0