Warnings

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Takanato, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2011

Warnings by Takanato at 8:22 PM (688 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Takanato
    OP

Member Takanato GBAtemp Fan

Jamaica
    *coughz* Ahem *coughz*. I have had a couple of my warnings for a -very-, -very-, -very-, VERY long time. Can you remove them please so I can pm people? o.O I read up that warnings are temporary not permanent...mkay. Plus, most of the warnings that are on my account really weren't necessary so have a heart [​IMG] lol

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    You really can't request warning removals, when the time is right they'll be removed.

Odds are if you get enough warnings to not be able to PM them they were justified.

Just wait, patience is a virtue.

3. Takanato
    OP

Jamaica
    -sigh-looks at the ones from last year and the year before last year-

4. Sephxus

Member Sephxus GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I hear you need to pay to remove them. You can pay me to ask them to remove them for you. [​IMG]

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    lol how many do you need to get before you can't PM people?

6. Takanato
    OP

Jamaica
    Idk I'm at 50%, tbh, I only felt that 20% of it were just.

7. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    I don't think warnings affect your ability to PM. Your ability to send PMs was disabled, however.

Checking your log, and the last warn was on the 16th. The previous two were a few months ago; I don't think any are up for removal right now.

Best way to lower your level is to behave, in which case you may get them removed when a staff member sees fit. Otherwise, after a fair amount of time you may PM a member of staff and we'll look into it then. Making a thread about it is unnecessary.

Warnings are of a temporary nature, but they won't go away by themselves; a staff member must remove them.

8. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    As Proto said having the ability to PM is not dependant on warns, yours were specifically disabled. Im not quite sure why they were but I will dig around and see if I can find a reason, until then be patient. But restricting PMs is something that we rarely do, so Im sure there was a good reason behind that.

As for warns, yes they aren't permanent for the most part. But a condition for them to be reduced is that you stop accumulating them for at least a few months, and regardless of whether you think they are justified or not you have failed to do that. So you will have to wait and behave for a good while before they start to reduce.

In the meantime I will close this thread, I appreciate that you can not pm any staff but regardless of that fact do not make any more threads concerning this subject.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.