[warning] I lost my Dragon Quest Builders 2 save...

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by Cortexfou, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Cortexfou
    OP

Cortexfou GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    be careful that this does not happen to you

hello,
    my save became corrupt when I traveled to an island. I got a black screen and I waited for 30 minutes while mashing button but it didn't worked. Black screen. I shut the game off and that's it... corrupted. I didn't used checkpoint (the worst thing is that I was going to use checkpoint because I was looking for a save editor without success... and I didn't do it...)
    idk if i'm just unlucky or is it possible to someone to have the same thing but it took my more than 70 hours of playing into nothingness ..
    I had finished the story, I did almost all tablet goals, full of rare items ect

Be carefull

Last edited by Cortexfou, Jul 25, 2019
    simsimsim and Cubuss like this.
  2. Cubuss

Cubuss GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2017
    Netherlands
    High Quality Shitposter
    Im currently on 2nd island with the mine i can give you my save if you want,
    Gonna back up a save to now just to be safe,

RetroCharles likes this.
  3. Cortexfou
    OP

Cortexfou GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    it's nice of you but I'm not ready to redo a part of the game like that. If nobody has a save close to mine, too bad, I'll stop playing but what a sadness ...

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Just curious what is your SD card brand and format?

5. Cortexfou
    OP

Cortexfou GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    samsung 32gb but doesn't matter because the game in is cartridge and the update and save are in the console. I played it in ofw, not even in cfw (because i have the card)

Hayato213 likes this.
  6. Falo

Falo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2012
    Germany
    Saves are stored on NAND not SD card.

@Topic:
    DQB2 has a huge memory leak problem, this can cause several issues (missing text/npcs, freezes, blackscreens), not even restarting the game can solve it, only restarting the console works.
    Better save and restart the console after a few hours of gameplay to avoid this.

orangpelupa, Cortexfou and Hayato213 like this.
  7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Yea I know save are stored on the NAND. Didn't know that he was using a physical card.

8. Cortexfou
    OP

Cortexfou GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    didn't know that :(
    don't be a fool, use the checkpoint tool

9. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    It's a good idea to use Checkpoint to periodically backup all important save files. It's also a good idea to store those saves somewhere online, such as Google Drive.

10. Cortexfou
    OP

Cortexfou GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    I'll definitively do that now. but it's supposed to work normally. I never thought it was going to be like that ...

Last edited by Cortexfou, Jul 24, 2019
  11. Cortexfou
    OP

Cortexfou GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    And if you don't have a save but you have cheats or a save editor, it can help me :(
    I saw those cheats already
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

12. simsimsim

simsimsim GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2018
    Canada
    damn that's awful...i feel you since this is one of my worst nightmares. Currently 115 hours into the game and trying to finish the last few tablet targets. The story was an absolute chore and took me 70 hours to rush through and i would DEFINITELY NOT want to go through it again.

So I will back up my save and give it to you through checkpoint. Though i noticed how slow it takes (last time i backed up my save it took checkpoint 20 minutes and the resulting file is huge). Is this normal? Should I be giving you that whole file?

A pity that it is such a pain to back up save for this game when normally it takes less than a second, since this game really benefits from doing periodic back up.

edit: oh i forgot to mention that i have all DLCs installed and lots of builds also used DLC only recipes. So I don't think you can use my save if you don't have the DLCs purchased and installed.

Last edited by simsimsim, Jul 25, 2019
  13. Cortexfou
    OP

Cortexfou GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    I don't have dlc indeed. Nice of you thanks.
    But it's okay. I don't want to play this game anymore. Leave that topic sink. I'm gonna play other games now.
    Thanks everybody :)

14. simsimsim

May 16, 2018
    Canada
    damn that sucks :(
    Well hope you will enjoy other games and from now on always have the habit of backing up save.

15. cheungpakwan

cheungpakwan GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    i saw in my switch system setting - game save data for dragon quest builder 2 is very large filesize its 1.1 GB ?
    if i backup with checkpoint, is it will backup all 1.1 GB ?

16. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    If you attempt to back it up and it takes more than ten seconds I'd say yes it'll be that size probably due to some way they store stuff. You could also be looking at the update data

cheungpakwan likes this.
  17. cheungpakwan

cheungpakwan GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    thanks for your answer..

anybody here already backup save with checkpoint ?
    just curious is checkpoint can backup so large file (1.1 GB) for savedata...:unsure:

18. simsimsim

May 16, 2018
    Canada
    yes it can. It just takes forever. So rather than backing up after each day like i do with most other games, for this I only do it once in awhile since it's so slow.

cheungpakwan likes this.
  19. Cubuss

Cubuss GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2017
    Netherlands
    High Quality Shitposter
    Lol thanks for the heads up my dragon quest got corrupted to, and it wasnt even while playing,
    When i started the game it says cant start the game return to home and try again,

But luckly i got a backup safe file,

Cortexfou likes this.
  20. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    How long is it to beat story and is there anything you recommend to do to prevent your save from dying?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted