Hacking Warioware D.I.Y. problems

kukupo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used to play this Warioware D.I.Y. a lot during 1.7.1. but I haven't touched it for a while. I came back to it at after updating to 1.8.5 but I'm having a problem.
Every time I start up the game it says loading... then it says "System File is Missing". I never had this problem before and all my other games work EXCEPT for Warioware D.I.Y..
I tried reformatting the SD card using Panasonic SD formatter and redownload AKAIO 1.8.5. but I'm getting the same problem. Anyone know what's wrong because
it's awkward that this is the only game that doesn't work. (It is a good dump btw)

kukupo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
That basically means the cluster size of your sd is too small, i recommend using 32KB or above for AKAIO.

Hm using the Panasonic SD formatter it always set the cluster size to 32768 bytes and seems to be no way to change it. Do you recommend that I try another program to format?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
kukupo said:
Normmatt said:
That basically means the cluster size of your sd is too small, i recommend using 32KB or above for AKAIO.

Hm using the Panasonic SD formatter it always set the cluster size to 32768 bytes and seems to be no way to change it. Do you recommend that I try another program to format?

The standard windows format thing allows cluster size setting so try that with 64KB cluster size.

kukupo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
kukupo said:
Normmatt said:

The standard windows format thing allows cluster size setting so try that with 64KB cluster size.

I just tried 64kb cluster size using the windows formatter and I'm still having the same problem. (BTW I tried both 1.8.5 and 1.8.5a and the newest loader dated today? 2/13/2011)

kukupo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
hmm ok. What colour is that System files missing text.

Green means needs larger cluster size.
Red means your ak2 is wearing out.

The color of the text is green which according to you mean I need a larger cluster size. Windows only allows up to 64kb which I tried already. Any suggestions?

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Have you tried 1.8.5a? Just copy 1.8.5 files and 1.8.5a in top of that.
Can you try it with differend SD card?
I wouldn't use windows formatter. Panasonic SD formatter works like charm and Gparted is second best choise.

If all fails put version 1.8.1

kukupo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario92 said:
I wouldn't use windows formatter. Panasonic SD formatter works like charm and Gparted is second best choise.

Well as I said on my previous posts I already used Panasonic SD formatter and I tried both 1.8.5 and 1.8.5.a
I don't have another micro SD card to try it out so I went back to version 1.8.1 and the game works fine.

Problem is now since I'm back to an older version some of the newer games I have don't work.
Normmatt do you have any idea what's the problem when I'm on 1.8.5? The "System File is Missing" text
is green but using a 64kb cluster size still gives me the same problem.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
kukupo said:
Mario92 said:

Well as I said on my previous posts I already used Panasonic SD formatter and I tried both 1.8.5 and 1.8.5.a
I don't have another micro SD card to try it out so I went back to version 1.8.1 and the game works fine.

Problem is now since I'm back to an older version some of the newer games I have don't work.
Normmatt do you have any idea what's the problem when I'm on 1.8.5? The "System File is Missing" text
is green but using a 64kb cluster size still gives me the same problem.

Sorry not sure. I will check it out myself and see if i can track down the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: DBZ 90% filler lol