Wario Land Shake Dimension

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hoho, Nov 22, 2008.

Nov 22, 2008

Wario Land Shake Dimension by hoho at 2:03 PM (1,247 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. hoho
    OP

Newcomer hoho Member

Netherlands
    I'm running 3.2E with the HBC and wiigator's backup loader gamma (thanks to djtaz' how to guide), no modchip or any weird software installed. I've burned two ISO files to Taiyo Yuden dvd-r discs at 2x speed with ImgBurn. One is Metroid Prime 3, the other is Wario Land Shake Dimension.

MP3 runs great, haven't had any read errors (the one which tells you to look in the manual). Wario Land ran fine the first time i booted it up and I got through a couple levels, however now I keep getting read errors when I load my save game (it says loading, then the screen turns black and stays black untill the error pops up). When I start a new game the game gets stuck during the intro movie (somewhere near the end). Also the intro movie stutters alot, but I know thats a common thing with the backuploader.

Anyway, I'm wondering what went wrong, both ISO's came from the same source and I used WiiBrickBlocker on both of them. Wario Land has been tested with gamma (link) and it seems to "play perfectly". Any suggestions?

TIA.

PS: Also wondering if someone could define a "1:1" backup. I mainly get my ISO's from "notorious sources". [​IMG]

2. india3

Newcomer india3 Advanced Member

India
    1:1 means unpatched, meaning you didn't use waninkoko's patching app which you had to use in version 0.1. no idea, what the problem is, perhaps you should try reinstalling gamma completely?

3. zerof

Member zerof GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Probably a bad burn. 1:1 means an untouched iso.

4. Patryc

Member Patryc GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Why are you burning at 2x? Can't your DVD burner burn faster?

5. hoho
    OP

Newcomer hoho Member

Netherlands
    Alright, thank you both for the fast answers. The sources I get the ISO's from might have been patched the ISO's already, so how do I know an ISO is unpatched? I'll burn it again without patching and see what happens.

(Both are pal iso's btw, forgot to mention that, but it shouldnt matter.)

For better compatibility, at least thats what I got told a long time ago when burning PS2 games.

6. zerof

United States
    I believe if it is patched you will be able to open the iso and look at the files inside. Patched will still work but 1:1 is better.. and 2x is a little slow. I burn at 8x with verbatim.

7. Patryc

Member Patryc GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Burn faster. I alway burn at 8x and I use the same media as you. You won't get better compatiblity.. that is a myth... it only seems to help with poor media. Trust me on this.

8. hoho
    OP

Newcomer hoho Member

Netherlands
    Thanks, I'll burn faster. I guess I always knew it was some sort of fairytale, but I still did it as a precaution. This should speed things up nicely, I already got fed up with waiting 30min to burn one DVD5. [​IMG]

9. zerof

United States
    I honestly wouldn't worry about it unless you read that the files you're downloading are patched( decrypted)... and then you would just download from somewhere else.

Chances are that you are downloading a 1:1 copy, especially if it has a "scene" tag on the file name or an .nfo..

10. hoho
    OP

Newcomer hoho Member

Netherlands
    Ok, thanks for the help zerof! Now onto finding the ISO again, since I deleted it for some reason...

11. zerof

United States
    No prob, hopefully everything works out for you..