OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warcraft: Tower Defense v0.5
Difficulty setting, quicksave, lots more
%5B516%5Dscreenshot_ingame3.jpg

Been a while since the last update of Noda's Warcraft Tower Defense, but its finally here. Notable changes include a (long-overdue) transition to DLDI, and with this the ability to quick-save in the middle of a mission and save your high scores. Each map now has 5 difficulty levels, theres a new in-game menu, new maps, and bug fixes. Download and full changelog below.

[title:Changelog]- PAFS version is gone, now only the fat/DLDI version is available
+ you can now use the arrow keys to select maps in the menu
+ added 5 automatic levels of difficulty for each map: it affects the life of the monsters, and the final score
+ options are now saved within the rom (require DLDI driver with write support)
+ in-game menu added
+ added possibility to restart the map in-game
+ added quicksave & exit in-game option so you can save your current game and finish it later (require DLDI driver with write support)
+ high-scores are now saved (require DLDI driver with write support)
+ high-scores can be viewed on the map selection screen (press L or R to switch minimap/high-scores)
+ small speedups here and there
+ added some new maps
+ new game icon
= fixed some bugs
= fixed Long Walk TD skeleton’s round

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Developer's Blog

thebert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/index.html as stated in the install.txt and there is no DLDI patch for DSTT. I thought DSTT had auto DLDI, so perhaps it's something else...? I get white screens on DSTT.

Edit: GBAtemp review confirms DLDI auto-patching capability. ...oh well, I guess we have to wait for another release...

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lets think about this Defencive?? Or Defensive?? That C is a WMD which will not be permitted to remain under our american global police watch.

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pointless arguments on the localizations of the English language aside, I can't say I give two shits about how any of you spell it. What matters is how the developer spelled it, as thats how the application is spelled. If he wanted to spell it "Wracrow Toowr Defnz," then thats how it would be spelled.

No amount of Google Fighting will change that.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I'm not allowed to bicker, but these guys are?
huh.gif

Anyway,
This homebrew seriously kicks @$$. Really enjoying it. Though I'm curious as to why Blizzard hasn't stepped in yet. This was in production long before starlite.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyway, it's "defense". The fact that it's sometimes found as "defence" derives from a mispelling due to the many ways English language allows one to write the same sound. For example: Realise, realize... many people get confused between those two. For a non native it's easier to distinguish and avoid these errors, since they usually learn to write, then speak. It's not weird to see a native English teacher writing "warrenty", when it's actually "warranty". Just wanted to point that out.

About the homebrew, I must say I love it. I was expecting some sort of multiplayer would be added soon, but we'll have to wait. Thumbs up, nonetheless. Wasn't there some DotA port too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c