Homebrew ROM Hack wanting to mod save data and send it to my New Switch

REDD8888

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey how's it going Ive been going around online this morning and I really wanna like edit save data for my Pokémon games my xenoblade games just ones that are super time consuming and I'm concerned what would happen using my jailbroken one online for the single use of sending that save data to my new switch and not going online for any other reason if theirs a different way i can send it over i just want the big things like certain Pokémon with certain moves max money max points max level things like that and sending it over im mainly worried for my Nintendo account im using it for but i don't think anything can be really flagged? other then im using CFW cause everything else seems pretty normal im hoping in Nintendo's view modding the data through either checkpoint saving it and sending it if there's another way i just haven't heard of that would be greatly appreciated

REDD8888

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you not just transfer the save locally? Pokemon doesn't support cloud backups anyway.
thats what i was planning on doing but since it takes the use of internet idk as you can tell im not very experienced in this,im debating on using atmosphere or SXOS since i plan to be clean online and dirty offline

**i also had the idea to just trade the pokemon as well

Reactions: Evan5935

Evan5935

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So does modding the savegame on my sysnand leave potential for a ban when i use my ofw online? Or is it undetectable? I wanna mod my pokemon saves for my ofw as well.

I noticed jksv (which came preinstalled with DeepSea) has the ability to access and mod system saves in addittion to the emunand ones. I havent found any guides or anything talking about this..

Also; @REDD8888 you could try the internet transfer, but it does leave open the potential for a ban.

Now what you might be able to do, is create a second, fresh emunand on a new sd card or something, transfer the modded save to the new emunand and boot no homebrew or anything whilst just using it as a means for internet transfer. Since it just looks like a direct copy of your sysnand, nintendo shouldnt notice anything out of the ordinary. (Although i cant 100 percent verify this as a solution. It's just a thought 🤷‍♂️)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey how's it going Ive been going around online this morning and I really wanna like edit save data for my Pokémon games my xenoblade games just ones that are super time consuming and I'm concerned what would happen using my jailbroken one online for the single use of sending that save data to my new switch and not going online for any other reason if theirs a different way i can send it over i just want the big things like certain Pokémon with certain moves max money max points max level things like that and sending it over im mainly worried for my Nintendo account im using it for but i don't think anything can be really flagged? other then im using CFW cause everything else seems pretty normal im hoping in Nintendo's view modding the data through either checkpoint saving it and sending it if there's another way i just haven't heard of that would be greatly appreciated
If you're going to touch the save data, obviously you run the risk of getting banned.

Unia4L

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You run the risk of getting a ban, but it's a save data transfer, along as all your mons are legal you won't get banned. I don't think Nintendo even ban illegal mons they just don't allow them to be used online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7