Hacking Want to get an R4 need help

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not looking to spend too much, your best bet is R4, DSTT, or Acekard. I guess it depends on if you'll be using it with a DSi or not.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get the R4 its a clone. They don't ever get updated so you won't be able to play new games. And most of the time they brake fast. Get the DSTT if your cheap. If you consider to waste some more money get the Acekard.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
Don't get the R4 its a clone. They don't ever get updated so you won't be able to play new games. And most of the time they brake fast. Get the DSTT if your cheap. If you consider to waste some more money get the Acekard.
DSTT team hasn't done much in a while, AK2 is well worth paying a few extra dollars for.

HexOmega91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take a look at acekard 2. Does it support most of the micro sd cards well or is there a certain brand that works best?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
I suggest you do some research, especially if you're going to post in the R4 board; the R4 and the DSTT both rely on unofficial kernels right now in order to have 100% compatibility. Before Unofficial DSTT Kernel V1.17a01, the R4 actually had better compatibility than the DSTT for awhile.

If you're willing to pay the extra money, I'd go with the Acekard. However, both the R4 and DSTT are perfectly good carts too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ