Want cheat hardcoded into New Metroid Bros.

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by luckwii, Jun 20, 2011.

Jun 20, 2011
  1. luckwii
    OP

Member luckwii GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Can anyone here hard code a cheat into my hack? Obviously New Super Mario Bros. is the base rom.

What I want is to eliminate mushrooms. Is there a way to eliminate them completely? So when Mario hits a ? block it goes straight to flower? But, when he gets hit he can be hit two times still. So he goes back to red/blue color tall.

If you know how to do it PM me so we can do this.

And what I mean by hard code is coded into the rom without having to select the cheat in any way. And, so it will work in any emulator or on the DS,

2. TestAcc84

Banned TestAcc84 Banned

United States
    You should maybe look inte the behaviors of the OBJECT 39 and 40 from the jyou. tileset!
    It throws a MUSHROOM always, no matter if you're MINI, SUPER, TURTLE or FLOWER...

It may help you maybe...

3. ishdeepsingh

Member ishdeepsingh GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    well for the mushroom, just chaneg the sprites...

4. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    You'll have to change the properties of each and every ? block to get a flower no matter the args or variables. To do that, I have no clue.

5. luckwii
    OP

Member luckwii GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am trying to get the flower instead of the mushroom. So there aren't ever mushrooms. The mini mushrooms and all other can stay. And, not in a ? block either. Just all across the board.