Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

redgoat85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got it. I don't know exactly what was wrong, but i can tell you what i did differently this time

1. i did not have opera browser installed.

2. i used the wiibackuppatcher from djtaz's sign instead of something else i had found

3. lastly, i was burning dvd-r's at 4x, 16x, but NOT 2.5x like the readme said

one or all of those fixed my problem!

thank you!

bobbeth

Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
after backing up Medal of Honor Heroes 2, I get the normal DVD size... but then when I use the backup loader, it only writes 1.55gig of data...

1646.781MB...

I load partition.iso up in ImageBurn, and it says it's not a valid disc image...
frown.gif

WiiSrubber says the wii disc image is fine, and I know my unaltered game works...

Anyone have any ideas?

I've got this exact same problem. Help please!?

VenpaCasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobbeth said:
zidane_genome said:
after backing up Medal of Honor Heroes 2, I get the normal DVD size... but then when I use the backup loader, it only writes 1.55gig of data...

1646.781MB...

I load partition.iso up in ImageBurn, and it says it's not a valid disc image...
frown.gif

WiiSrubber says the wii disc image is fine, and I know my unaltered game works...

Anyone have any ideas?

yeah same here only with mario kart. and another question is i scrubbed super smash bros brawl to fit in a 4.7gb dvd but after i patch it, it goes back to 6.9gb or what ever it was originally.... any advice thanks in advance

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
redgoat85 said:
another stupid question:

following djtaz's HOW TO, will that work with pal games if i'm running a usa wii version 3.3u?

It should do if you force the loader (in the loaders menu) to use PAL instead of NTSC.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VenpaCasa said:
yeah same here only with mario kart. and another question is i scrubbed super smash bros brawl to fit in a 4.7gb dvd but after i patch it, it goes back to 6.9gb or what ever it was originally.... any advice thanks in advance

Try patching it first and then scrubbing - i havent heard much about this , but its worth trying and you can report back if it works.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bobbeth said:
zidane_genome said:

1646.781MB...

frown.gif

Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone care to check out a compatibility list ?

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 NO Freezes on Wiimote instruction screen. NO No difference.

Check the list of compatible games in my sig guys - some games just dont work at the moment.

DarkFailure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the compatibility is tomb raider anniversary marked as playable ( the PAL version). i have the pal version but its not working on my PAL wii. i just get a green screen.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
VenpaCasa said:
bobbeth said:
zidane_genome said:

1646.781MB...

frown.gif

Anyone have any ideas?

I'll answer first to Vespacasa:
You CAN'T burn SSBB into a 4.7 DVD. When the backup loader creates the partition, it will read the data and create a 'special' ISO. Just like when you 'backup' a Scrubbed ISO and get the normal size ISO, the same is true for SSBB, and the original SSBB is a DVD-DL.

Now, about the other question. I'm not sure that this will work, but I also get a 'unknown' ISO when patching RE4 PAL. You can read the notes of the game in my compatibility list, there are 2 possible workarrounds. And I was NOT the one who came up with the workarrounds, the original helpers are stated there. =D

bobbeth

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
bobbeth said:
zidane_genome said:

1646.781MB...

frown.gif

Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone care to check out a compatibility list ?

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 NO Freezes on Wiimote instruction screen. NO No difference.

Check the list of compatible games in my sig guys - some games just dont work at the moment.

Ok, maybe I should have been clearer on exactly how my problem was the same. I'm trying to rip CSI Hard Justice (or any game), and it seems to get to 38% (around 1.6gb) and then stops. No burning program recognises the ISO..

ForceXT

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have just dumped my copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl (PAL) via the network method and I have an iso which is 7.92gb in size.

I have proceeded to patch the iso and now have a file which is 6.94gb in size.

I have burnt it to a DL disc and it boots but it gets stuck on a black screen after the initial loading screen (The one right after the screen where they advise you to use the wii strap etc)

I have read that people have gotten the iso to work so I am not too sure what is happening with my setup as other games -> RE:UC works fine

So atm Super Smash Bros Brawl (PAL) - Not Working.

VenpaCasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fye_DX said:
VenpaCasa said:
bobbeth said:
zidane_genome said:

1646.781MB...

frown.gif

Anyone have any ideas?

You CAN'T burn SSBB into a 4.7 DVD. When the backup loader creates the partition, it will read the data and create a 'special' ISO. Just like when you 'backup' a Scrubbed ISO and get the normal size ISO, the same is true for SSBB, and the original SSBB is a DVD-DL.

Now, about the other question. I'm not sure that this will work, but I also get a 'unknown' ISO when patching RE4 PAL. You can read the notes of the game in my compatibility list, there are 2 possible workarrounds. And I was NOT the one who came up with the workarrounds, the original helpers are stated there. =D

okay cool thanks i've asked several people this and never got a clear answer i just didnt want to buy DL's if it wasnt necessary thank you so much

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fye_DX said:

how sure are you of this?

"scrubbed" discs make normal isos because they ARE normal size isos, they just compress better (at least until a newer incarnation comes out, they are never "shrunken"

the DVD5 versions of brawl floating around have an entire partition removed, not blanked. they are, for all intents and purposes, "shrunken."

run through the creator, a DVD5 version should either create a "Regular size" iso, or just fail cuz its not supported

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
Fye_DX said:

how sure are you of this?

"scrubbed" discs make normal isos because they ARE normal size isos, they just compress better (at least until a newer incarnation comes out, they are never "shrunken"

the DVD5 versions of brawl floating around have an entire partition removed, not blanked. they are, for all intents and purposes, "shrunken."

run through the creator, a DVD5 version should either create a "Regular size" iso, or just fail cuz its not supported
Well, I was talking about the scrubbed versions, and I thought that SSBB DVD5 version was just like that. In any case, I haven't heard of anyone who could actually get the DVD5 version to work, at least on a normal DVD. The Backup Creator will just create a 6.X GB ISO

Seraph863

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we update the first page to better handle the "WTF Tihs thing iz b0rke!" questions? I'm mostly seeing people asking:

Q: Why is it Black and White?
A: Using Wan's loader, all games will be B&W unless you're using non-standard AV cables

Q: Will NTSC games work on my PAL Wii? (vice-versa)
A: You shouldn't need to RegionFree any games if you use WiiGator's loader. Just use the built-in region-force settings.

Q: Can I uninstall DVDx after is installed?
A: WTF? No!

Q: Is it normal for my patched ISO's to be smaller than the original?
A: Yes!

Q: Super Paper Mario freezes when I talk to the chick at Chapter 2-2. Fix it!
A: So, don't talk to her. Read the GameFAQ on how to pass the area instead.

And can we remove the damn compatible listings on the first post? Just link them to the wiki instead.

I feel that if we build a better FAQ, we will obviously reduce questions. Seeing how this thread is 68 pages long at the moment...

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
Seraph863 said:
Can we update the first page to better handle the "WTF Tihs thing iz b0rke!" questions? I'm mostly seeing people asking:

Q: Why is it Black and White?
A: Using Wan's loader, all games will be B&W unless you're using non-standard AV cables

Q: Will NTSC games work on my PAL Wii? (vice-versa)
A: You shouldn't need to RegionFree any games if you use WiiGator's loader. Just use the built-in region-force settings.

Q: Can I uninstall DVDx after is installed?
A: WTF? No!

Q: Is it normal for my patched ISO's to be smaller than the original?
A: Yes!

Q: Super Paper Mario freezes when I talk to the chick at Chapter 2-2. Fix it!
A: So, don't talk to her. Read the GameFAQ on how to pass the area instead.

And can we remove the damn compatible listings on the first post? Just link them to the wiki instead.

I feel that if we build a better FAQ, we will obviously reduce questions. Seeing how this thread is 68 pages long at the moment...
Well, I always thought that the FAQ and Compatibility Lists should be only one post, where only testers posted their results and another post should be opened for questions and things like that...
I wouldn't mind making an updated FAQ if everyone would collaborate, but I'm not sure if the Moderators would approve it. :S

Octavian86

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
thunderct said:
kvp1192 said:
i'm using an NTSC wii and a PAL version of Top Spin 3, and it works just fine

Will try an ntsc version on my PAL wii if my second test with this PAL version doesnt work lol

EDIT: worked on a second attempt with a default exhibition, i tried a 5 set 6 game match when it crashed.....maybe it has limited exhibition function? More testing will tell.

I got the same shit. Default games work great but there are several bugs/crashes:

@ exibition: changing set/games numbers -> crash on load
@ road to glory: crash on match load

It's always the same... I guess it's normal if you have the same problems? Check it out...

Praetor192

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Seeing as a new, better loader has come out, n00bs have swarmed the topic and asked answered questions, dicks steal my work and call it their own, the topic is nearly 70 pages long, and everybody and their grandmother have their own compatibility list, I just have given up on updating the FAQ. It is too much time for too little reward. If someone revises my FAQ and PMs it to me, I will update the first post with it.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for replying to this Praetor - someone may do an overview of the topics and re-write it.

Dont get too annoyed about the compatibility lists. Yes there are too many , but they really did need to be in a wiki as updating it from the start of a thread would prove to be a nightmare.
I sent you on a few games to update when this thread was only 3 pages long and the games i sent are still not on the main page so you can understand why people wanted faster updates.

Its like people using waninkoko's backuploader in the first place - we all know he was upset and annoyed about it , but we still used it. It wasnt fair on him in any way but people wanted the best there was at the time.

acg12xu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkFailure said:
in the compatibility is tomb raider anniversary marked as playable ( the PAL version). i have the pal version but its not working on my PAL wii. i just get a green screen.
I have this same problem; however I'm on an NTSC Wii w/ a PAL Tomb Raider. Hangs on Green screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast