Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

zsakul2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well im still having issues with the image on the screen constantly scrolling down and up really fast so i cant see whats goign on

pven

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The only game that did not work so far is Mortal Kombat, all other games are just working fine (with the known issues).

With Mortal Kombat I get the first screen (showing a Wii-mote and a GC-controller) and after this screen it freezes. The blue light on the Wii-mote is off and it won't lighten until I turn off and on the Wii. An help with this game is appreciated. Like I said: all other games are working, except for this one.

For the record, I tried:
- Chicken Shoot
- Big Beach Sports
- Sports Island
- Monster Trux Offroad
- Bowling Pinbusters
- Ninja Bread Man

mxk1000

Trophies
XP
Country
anyone had problem with the backup creator showing the iso size as 250mb or similare size?.
when the iso being used is 4.3gb?

games that has happened with

EA playground
london taxi rush hour

Rcolon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@telefunkin

I'm doing what you did with your iso... but with mario cart pal scrubbed

let see what happens..lol

ntsc wii
and ntsc tv

bango5515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think alll people here are liars ,I did everything but i am always getting "-4100 error"

just one question ,when u get partition.iso after patching ,i hope that it needs to be burnt as an image and not as a data on the root of the dvd drive with the common-key .

If thats the case ,I guesss this is a fake loader ,I dont know y ppl are lying abt it

Chill

bango5515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a recap of my steps :

got a brand new ntsc-U with version 3.1

1) installed homebrew channel(successful)

2) installed custom IOS CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad(successful)

3) dvdx -> advance -> ios249(sucessful)

4) made a folder with 3 files " backup-creator.exe ,common-key,smg.iso(ntsc-u)" patched successfully -> got partition.iso

5) burned partition as an image on a verbatim disk (successfully)

6) ran backup_loader from homebrew channel -> got -4100 error ,(unsuccessfully) tried it with many games ,wasted many dvds .

I think its fake and I wonder how u ppl are getting it to run.

Jebula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
bango5515 said:
I think alll people here are liars ,I did everything but i am always getting "-4100 error"

just one question ,when u get partition.iso after patching ,i hope that it needs to be burnt as an image and not as a data on the root of the dvd drive with the common-key .

If thats the case ,I guesss this is a fake loader ,I dont know y ppl are lying abt it

Chill

do you have the correct cIOS?

edit. yep. it seems to be.. I don't know why this isn't working for you, but this realy works for me.

Martino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bango5515 said:

you have to burn partition.iso as an image. dont burn the common key on your dvd....

mxk1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone have a problem with the backup creator.
I have used a few iso's that are 4.3gb approx in size.
when patched they are 250mb approx.

games so far

ea playground
london taxi rush hour

bango5515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jebula said:
bango5515 said:

Chill

edit. yep. it seems to be.. I don't know why this isn't working for you, but this realy works for me.
yeah i have the correct Cios ,I am clueless ,I am burning as an image the file partition.iso

zigernot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mxk1000 said:
Anyone have a problem with the backup creator.
I have used a few iso's that are 4.3gb approx in size.
when patched they are 250mb approx.

games so far

ea playground
london taxi rush hour
]

i think that happened to me once, but then i just re-patched it, and it was the right size.
i was thinking somehow it was interupted.

zigernot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question here.
now from my understanding one thing that people should be "weary" of, is the "semi-bricking" of their wii.
and if i m right, you do that by playing a game that is NOT in your region.

for example lets say i have a NTSC-U Wii, and i play a PAL game.

and if that game has what they say is a "madatory update", then its going to update with the PAL.
in turn "semi-bricking" my wii.

is this an issue that we have to worry about with this back-up loader?
if so, is there a list of games that we could / should compile, to help people AVOID this?

any input / answers would be greatly appreciated.

zigernot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bango5515 said:

Chill

give us a little more info,

what firmware are you on?
what region is your wii?
what game are you trying to load?

maybe then we can help you a little more.

but it DOES work. its quite a hit or miss, as to be expected with a BETA.
there are so many factors in the equation that it just ISN'T working for EVERYONE.

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Backup Loader won't install an update because even backup creator deletes the update partition.

You can always 'BrickBlock' the original iso if you are THAT cautious.

bango5515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zigernot said:
bango5515 said:

Chill

what region is your wii?

there are so many factors in the equation that it just ISN'T working for EVERYONE.
firmware : 3.1U (withoout any modchip)
region : ntsc - u(no modification)
game : ntsc - u SMG

and after patching there is a difference b/w the smg.iso file and the partition.iso file of 350 mb

PS : I am not a noob ,followed the previous stpes perffectly

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bango5515 said:
zigernot said:
bango5515 said:

Chill

what region is your wii?

and after patching there is a difference b/w the smg.iso file and the partition.iso file of 350 mb

Not gonna read all your other posts to find this out but are you setting the Booktype of the disc to DVD-Rom? As far as I know the only reason -4100 appears is when the Booktype is wrong. Some writers cannot change the Booktype others do it Automatically so you have to do Manually there is an entire thread on the -4100 issue

Jebula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
bango5515 said:
Jebula said:
bango5515 said:

Chill

yeah i have the correct Cios ,I am clueless ,I am burning as an image the file partition.iso

Don't burn the common-key with partition.iso, as said above.

Grandta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mxk1000 said:
anyone had problem with the backup creator showing the iso size as 250mb or similare size?.
when the iso being used is 4.3gb?

games that has happened with

EA playground
london taxi rush hour
When i use the backup creator all my iso's are made into 3.99GB files. All but SSBB, thats goes up to 6GB's
wacko.gif

bango5515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jebula said:
bango5515 said:
Jebula said:
bango5515 said:

Chill

Don't burn the common-key with partition.iso, as said above.

Not burning that ,burning partition.iso as an image only ,

PS : i have upgraded my dvd drives firmware ,lets see if it works now ,thanks alll who helped

bango5515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MiloFoxburr said:
bango5515 said:
zigernot said:
bango5515 said:

Chill

what region is your wii?

Not gonna read all your other posts to find this out but are you setting the Booktype of the disc to DVD-Rom? As far as I know the only reason -4100 appears is when the Booktype is wrong. Some writers cannot change the Booktype others do it Automatically so you have to do Manually there is an entire thread on the -4100 issue

welll would give a try ,thanks ,PS : i have upgraded my drives firmware ,lets see now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then...