Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

wilfordbrimley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yarjibo said:
DIdnt gbatemp delete the link for this? Does this actually work? whats the chance of bricking wii?
The chance of bricking your wii is slim to none, IF you follow the instructions and haven't done too much in the line of hacks before that involve the firmware. So my number one suggestion would be to follow instructions word for word and don't skip over any of it.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I am sick of all these helpless noobs asking for help when you already helped in your first post...It pisses me off..

But I'm here to say that

Wii Sports (NTSC): NTSC Wii, NTSC Standard TV

Does NOT work...won't even boot up. I get the same error as scarface, gray screen with black lines, won't even load.

BUTTTTTT, The weird thing is...when the Wii was reading the disk I put Wii Sports on, the Title Name came up as, "Wii (something) for REVOLUTION"

The (something) means I forgot what it said...So yeah.

Maybe it was the wrong ISO? I will try looking again for a working legit copy and try again.

I am also using DVD-R disks that "seem" to be working. Super Mario Galaxy worked charms for me, it's just it's in black and white. You can load saves, save, fly to other planets. So cool ^^

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wilfordbrimley said:
telefunkin said:
wilfordbrimley said:
YAY! Force unleashed booted up and currently its loading. As I said before, I burned it with nero at 4x, using PAL version of the game, NTSC wii and NTSC TV. Ok, its black and white...will getting component cables fix this?

I ran the PAL ISO through regionfrii and changed it to NTSC and it worked with color. I'm using a NTSC Wii on NTSC TV with standard AV cables. Firmware 3.3, D2B chipset unmodded.

EDIT: This was burned with Nero at the lowest speed, 1 or 2x.
Did you use the iso patcher or the regionfrii first, and didn't you use brickblocker aswell? I would appreciate it if you could post the order you did all the patches in.

I ran regionfrii first then brickblocker(only because I wasn't sure if there was an update with this game) and then patched.

The gameplay seems to be fine but I left them menu screen up for a few minutes and it went into a vid sequence that crashed the game. I did not play long enough to level up or save. I'm working today but will test it some more tonight.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those that have not tried, you must Patch the game (Using Backup Creator) before using RegionFrii or else Backup Creator cannot read the title file. So use Backup Creator first, then RegionFrii.

Do not attempt to RegionFrii an NTSC game to PAL, so it will be able to play better on NTSC. Thinking that will work is just silly. Just get the PAL copy.

wilfordbrimley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I converted the PAL force unleashed iso to NTSC, brickblockered it, then patched it, and ran it on my NTSC TV and wii with standard AV cables, and its still black and white
hate2.gif

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jinxvorheeze said:
For those that have not tried, you must Patch the game (Using Backup Creator) before using RegionFrii or else Backup Creator cannot read the title file. So use Backup Creator first, then RegionFrii.

I was able to get the backup creator to work after using regionfrii on an ISO.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jinxvorheeze said:

Do not attempt to RegionFrii an NTSC game to PAL, so it will be able to play better on NTSC. Thinking that will work is just silly. Just get the PAL copy.
How about a NTSC-J game? Will it work better that way?

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wilfordbrimley said:
I converted the PAL force unleashed iso to NTSC, brickblockered it, then patched it, and ran it on my NTSC TV and wii with standard AV cables, and its still black and white
hate2.gif

Not sure if it will help but I may have brickblocked first, It was late last night so I'm not sure.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. RegionFrii
2. Brick Blocker
3. Backup Creator
4. Burn DVD-ROM

In looking at what happens to the ISO as you patch using the different programs, that seems to be the best course of action.

Region Code 183 or "B7" Code String
98 04 00 B7 88 1E 00 A0 28 00 00 06 41 81 05 84

Thats the Region String you get when you open a Backup Creator "partition.iso" file in RegionFrii

KaiUno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay, some testing done, aquired several ISO's and got the following results. All this is done on a PAL Wii, Tayo Yuden DVD-R's, ImgBurn on default settings.

PAL Resident Evil 4 got through the backup-creator, but the resulting ISO was not recognised by imgburn and couldn't be burned.

NTSC RE4 got patched and burned and played properly. During the car ride the sound and speech was gone, but after the intro everything worked well.

PAL Zack & Wiki plays perfectly though there are some hickups because of the slow loading. Gameplay is unaffected as each area seems to be pre-loaded.

PAL Super Paper Mario (scrubbed) worked perfectly at first, crashed after Princess Peach fell to Flip Side and Mario had to go get a potion for her.

PAL Metroid Prime 3 patched, burned and launched perfectly. Intro and menu seemed sluggish. Game is unplayable because of the loading mechanism. You shoot a door to go through, but the slow loading results in doors not opening immediately as the next room takes about a minute to load. Can't imagine how that would work when Samus is on a timer.

kvp1192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heh, i can confirm that getting component cables does give u color if u do not have it, i just bought some today, and my game now works in color
smile.gif

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just something for us to consider. I will add info on what happens if you RegionFrii then use Backup Creator in a few minutes

Original ISO
-------------------------------------------------------------
RegionFrii 1.21 - Wii ISO Details
File Name........: Wii Chess PAL Wii-Scrubbed.iso
Game Name........: Wii Chess
Game Code........: RTYP01
+ ConsoleID......: R (Wii)
+ GameID.........: TY ()
+ RegionID.......: P (PAL)
+ MakerID........: 01 (Nintendo)
Unknown @ 0x18...: 5d1c9ea3 (std)
Region Code......: PAL (02)
Region String....: 80808000 03030403 40808080 80808080
Region Mismatch..: NO
Partition Count = 2
+ Parition #1
- Offset.......: 00050000
- Type.........: 01 (UPD)
- md5sum.......:
+ Parition #2
- Offset.......: 0F800000
- Type.........: 00 (RTYPÿÿ)
- md5sum.......:

After Backup Creator
RegionFrii 1.21 - Wii ISO Details
File Name........: partition.iso
Game Name........: ¼‡·0¿yÕóœãMðßnW|¶| -¡$¸²µä&yq•$s/›Ì÷øu¹g(y'ÐôÞÆ·ñ>

kvp1192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol component cables are for hdtv, i just bought the cheap ones, were like 15-20 dollars, the official nintendo ones were too expensive, like 35

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well kubuntu but yeah close enough cheers mate i asked loads of time and yes i have k3b already (of course) just it moaned about it not supporting the file type

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the legal drinking age here in the US is 21, as some of you may know, but i think either it should be 18 or the age you're an adult should be 21.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and i know what you may be thinking, "why become an adult at 21? doesn't that mean that banging an 18 year old would be illegal?"
    first of all, being in a relationship with someone who's 18 is technically ok, as long as it started when they were 18, but the age gap is still weird depending on how old you are. besides, the age of consent differs between different states
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also my reasoning for adult age being 21 is because the reason that's the drinking (and now smoking) age is because it "gives them more time to think rationally and not drive drunk"
    so you should have that extra time to mature and think rationally before going to serve in the military or vote
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tl;dr the "adult" age and the legal drinking age (and voting age) here in the US should be the same
    +4
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's all good no one pays attention to the law anyway lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What about making kids wait till 18 or 21 to drive? And yea is messed up, you can join army and die for your country at age 18, but you can't drink alcohol or smoke a cig til 21, is ridiculous
    +3
    If someone is in the military they should be allowed to smoke and drink at 18.... Would help drive recruitment lol
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all know they do and will anyways. I think laws prevented them only pushes them to illegally do it. Even tho if was legal, most prob wouldn't even bother. Not a big deal or risque if its legal, no fun.
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    That's why some kids don't mind having a rap sheet or two just so they never get drafted
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also, i think the voting age should match the adult and drinking ages too, because by the logic of giving them time to mature and think rationally so they don't drive drunk, then they should also have that time to mature and think rationally so they can think for themselves
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fucking hell i'm becoming a mini leo with the way i yap aren't i?
    +1
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    I was unable to create the VM for the debloat windows, but found the video where I learned it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZm6mY3I7J4
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you def no leo, and I like your insight. You are a smart Baked cookie.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicken drumsticks and sweet potato for dinner tonight turned out good
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    "i promise not to get all political and/or philosophical"
    3 drinks later:
    "so yeah think for yourself and i think the government sucks"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is @BigOnYa drunk again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    no, i was poking fun at myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again? I have a IV feeding me so I never come down.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because self deprecating humor is important, as long as it doesn't turn into self hate. because you can't really make fun of anyone if you can't even make fun of yourself
    +2
    Booze enemas are real lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    that explains a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, invented the first ever pill that gets you instantly hammered, now filling the streets of Miami
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That was what called a qaaulude, instant drunk, luckily they not around anymore.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That was what called a qaaulude, instant drunk, luckily they not around anymore.