Walking Dead video game confirmed

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As rumoured last month, Telltale Games has confirmed it's working on a series of games based on The Walking Dead comic and TV series.

All Things Digital reported that the studio has signed an exclusive worldwide agreement to develop and publish a series of videogames based on the hit zombie TV show.

For those unfamiliar with the franchise, it started life as a series of comic books following a rag-tag group of survivors trying to stay alive in a zombie apocalypse. The Shawshank Redemption director Frank Darabont recently turned it into a hit TV series, shown on AMC in the US and FX in the UK.

Telltale also announced it was working on a videogame adaptation of Vertigo's Fables comic book series which chronicles how a number of figures from famous fairytales get on when they find themselves in 21st-century New York City.

There's no mention yet of which platforms the games are destined for, when they might arrive or how they'll play.

The article did reveal one other interesting tidbit though. According to marketing exec Steve Allison, the average Telltale game sells around 200,000 units, but the company only needs to sell 100,000 to break even.

The studio's goal is to have a title break the one million mark, with Allison speculating The Walking Dead games could be a $20 million to 30 million franchise.
[/p]

Source

Pretty cool, I loved the TV series and it seems like it'll cut out the bad and stupid stuff in the comics while keeping/creating great material. I really hope this a good point-and-click adaptation of it. Telltale usually does a good job on these so there's not too much to fret about.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
I can make a Walking Dead game just fine.

Take Left 4 Dead, take away all Zombies except for 10 on screen.
Then overhype the shit out of it.

That's all there is to the Walking Dead. Overhype.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
ShadowSoldier said:
I can make a Walking Dead game just fine.

Take Left 4 Dead, take away all Zombies except for 10 on screen.
Then overhype the shit out of it.

That's all there is to the Walking Dead. Overhype.

The TV series was really good. It was a rather realistic take on the zombie genre and definitely had emotion, character, plot, and suspense. Can't wait for season two.

Quite crying ladies.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
The TV series was really good. It was a rather realistic take on the zombie genre and definitely had emotion, character, plot, and suspense. Can't wait for season two.

Quite crying ladies.
Well, too bad, cause it's true.

The comics are great. The show makes the characters look UNBELIEVABLY stupid.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:

Quite to the contrary. Odds are comic fanboys were crying their eyes out but the comics introduced a bunch of stupid shit and eventually became awful. The show took the general premise of the comics, cut out the retarded crap, made it more believable, and added good stuff.

Basically comic devotes will always hate the show while people with an actual taste in film will think it's a great piece of work.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Slyakin said:

Quite to the contrary. Odds are comic fanboys were crying their eyes out but the comics introduced a bunch of stupid shit and eventually became awful. The show took the general premise of the comics, cut out the retarded crap, made it more believable, and added good stuff.

Basically comic devotes will always hate the show while people with an actual taste in film will think it's a great piece of work.
... Once again, I'm gonna have to agree with you.

Goddamnit Guild.
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if this was done GTA sandbox style, this could work. if its a linear game i'll have to pass. i want the freedom to explore, suck gas out of vehicles, kill people to steal their weapons, squat in someone’s house after shooting the wife and kid... yeah! i'll play that all day long.

fables is a great series, i could make for an interesting game depending on how they approach it.

-another world

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty interested to see where this project is headed. I've loved the TV series so far, and I would hate to see a game made that didn't take the best of the comics and TV show for ideas to create the best possible game around it. I'm more curious to see if they are going to borrow more from the comics, or the TV show though. It could get kind of messy if they don't do it just right.

I guess we'll see in due time though.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
telltale games has a bit on its plate right now
the other 4 bttf eps, jurassic park game, and now this

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the game is going to suck and you know it

it wont have any cool features or anything that makes it the least bit remarkable among games.

youll be lucky, if its just a solid ego shooter

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I haven't watched the series yet but I've been wanting too, everyone says it's good shit.

I would say inb4 people compare it to L4D because everyone thinks L4D made zombie games and every single zombie game is just basically copying L4D, but sadly, it seems someone has already mentioned L4D...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope everyone realizes that odds are this'll be like, you know, EVERY OTHER TELLTALE GAME. Probably a point-and-click adventure game. Like almost every other game they've done outside of like, what, Poker Night at the Inventory?

So if you think it'll be a generic shooter then you'll probably be wrong.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
they said their jurassic park game is going to be action oriented instead of point and click

Ah, in that case I'll be expecting something like the older Resident Evil games. I doubt it'll be a generic shooter game as they'll try to push the characters and plot that made the TV series so successful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw today at school I gave one of my cookies from my snack to the girl I like.