Hacking Wait so i can only have 1 save at a time?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
*yes i know i've been asking alot of n00bish questions lately but* i ordered my SCL about a week ago (the bloody thing still hasnt arrived)and was reading a FAQ today and it said you can only have 1 save at a time? Sure it was for the old SD version but i'm still worried incase its the same for SCL, and by one save at a time do they mean 1 save for each game (whic his allrite i spose)or one save final so i can only polay like one gmae at at time.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes but can i SAVE more than one game at a time cause if i cant then i basically can only play one game then when i finish that, play the next (i dont really mind for adventure games but what if i have a game with unlocked characters then i have to delete that file when say i want to play Mario and Luigi for example.)

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
oh ok LOL. well it must have been only for the SD version....that or the guy was wrong (but there was comments for his faq and noone brought it up so i assumed it might be right). phew, that takes a load off. thanks man.

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
The Supercard's saving system reigns SUPREME to all others in the NDS flashcard scene.

M3 & G6 lite's "Keep caort in!!111" can go to hell.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Supercard's saving system reigns SUPREME to all others in the NDS flashcard scene.

M3 & G6 lite's "Keep caort in!!111" can go to hell.

Yeah Supercard saving is pretty unique since it has no battery (except for the MiniSD version, do they even use the battery in that one?) which is what both the M3 and G6 uses hence the extra step to save the info back to the coresponding file

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the SuperCard save manager!

QUOTE said:
Hi, I just finished my first NDS project : Quick & Dirty Save Manager for Supercard

As its name says, it's a save manager for Supercard (SD&CF, maybe M3 as well) ^^

you can:
-create multiple save for a game (up to 9)
-change the current save for a game
-create a new empty save for a game
-copy the current save to a new one
-erase a save

it's a little slow, but it's due to the write function of the FAT lib which is slow (or if you know a way to write on sd/cf faster, let me know)

http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3761

Enjoy,

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need this for the SuperCard Lite if you want multiple saves without haveing to have the same ROM on your memory over and over with different names or in different folders.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
oh so this allows you to have multiple save files for the same rom? so without this i can only have 1 save for each rom? (sorry if i'm asking to many questions btw, i just wanna make sense of this so everything can run perfect when i get the SCL).

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without save manager, one save per ROM, but you can load more ROMs on with different names but it takes up space.

With save manager up to 9 saves on one ROM saving loads of memory space.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

Daremo_23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hot damn i love this site. great post 5th'!! i've been hoping for something like this and now with SRT:OG out i can play both paths at once and save away with no worries. props to the developer also!!!

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you Supercard users should bookmark SCDev.org.. they actually do all the helping where people just link from here..

Lots of guides there to make your SC experience better..

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G6 Lite you dont have to back up the saves. You have the option to back them up if you want to, but its not required.

From what I understand this is a change from the original G6 where you had to turn off the system and then restart it to save a game. This is not needed in the G6 lite.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G6 Lite you dont have to back up the saves. You have the option to back them up if you want to, but its not required.

From what I understand this is a change from the original G6 where you had to turn off the system and then restart it to save a game. This is not needed in the G6 lite.
Agreed. the G6Lite is seemless with saves. You just play and it works in the background. the ONLY potential problem would be if the battery died because then you would be stuck with the last time you saved on the game and loose any progress you made when the battery died, but with the fact that the USB writer also charges the battery (and some say playing the DS also charges it but I don't know), the chances of the battery dying anytime soon is slim.
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy