wads

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ZenZero, Oct 3, 2008.

wads

by ZenZero Oct 3, 2008 at 8:29 PM 1,093 Views 6 replies
  1. ZenZero
    OP

ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

Mar 12, 2008
    i dont wanna risk using twilight but is there another way to run Vc and WW games i download from tinternet on my wii?

2. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    You can only install wads through the wad manager. And you'll need a way of running the wad manager. You can either launch it directly through the twilight hack, or install the homebrew channel (which is installed using the twilight hack, or a bootable dvd if you have a modchip and firmware < 3.3) and run it from there.

3. jeremiz

jeremiz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2007
    France
    /sarcasm on
    Twilight is usable ? Woaw...I wonder if dawn is usable too...
    Is it legal to download from tinternet ? Because when you download Vc and WW titles on internet it is illegal.
    /sarcasm off

Ok, if you have a modchip download the homebrew channel ISO and a wad manager tool.
    If you don't have a modchip, you have to use a copy of Twilight Princess and use the team twizzer hack to install the homebrew channel.

4. FGOD

FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Jun 1, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands, Den Helder
    you don't even need the homebrew channel iso, just use the wad manager iso if you have a modchip...

5. Zerxer

Zerxer GBAtemp Regular

Jun 29, 2007
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    What's there to risk running the twilight hack? You're going to be installing non-legit copies of VC and WW games and you're more worried about running an easy and safe(?) hack to install a homebrew application?

6. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    I didn't know that existed. But then that's indeed the easiest way without having to enable homebrew on the wii.

7. FGOD

FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Jun 1, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands, Den Helder
    but you still have the problem that not all chips can boot autoboot patched dvd's, so not all chips can read the homebrew/wad manager discs...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice