Hacking WADder 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my suggestion on what to Add.... How about a Library of about a Dozen style template sets that you could choose by pulldown menu. This would make it much easier to custom theme the channels. Just a small set of graphic templates to start with would kick the whole thing off. I'm fond of the Blue-K thing for one. Personally I would find this very useful to make matching channels to help categorize things. This approach would require merging Text over generic backgrounds of course to show channel name on the channel icon. Does irfanview have a script command that let's you merge layers like that.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OMG i spend a couple of hours away and there's been what around 3 updates? is sound working now im kinda confused with all the updates im still using the first release lol then manually doing sound also does it install over the previous installation?

lol how everyone uses the phrase "kinda confused" ill be honest i have no idea whats going on
tongue.gif

Posts merged

OMG i spend a couple of hours away and there's been what around 3 updates? is sound working now im kinda confused with all the updates im still using the first release lol then manually doing sound also does it install over the previous installation?

lol how everyone uses the phrase "kinda confused" ill be honest i have no idea whats going on
tongue.gif

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
but when i extract base.wad i get just no .app files but just banner.bin ,... files i need the 0000.app file

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YOU CAN NOT REPLACE/REMAKE/REPACK/DO ANYTHING TO BASE.WAD OR WADDER WON'T WORK (is that the problems you've been having?).

REPACK THE WAD AFTER YOU USE WADDER!

Hey gundalf (since you're reading this right?) I have a question: When you made those animated banners (of course modifying the brlan stuff), did you completely replace them with new ones? If you made one that would work with WADder then we could have fully legal custom channels (that even wiibrew would accept
tongue.gif
)

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nvm i fixed it using wadunpacker just gives me no .app files only .trailer .tik ,...
and im extracting my own made wad not the base.wad

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
Good question... what about www.elotrolado.net ???
I couldn't tell, it seemed to be a spanish site similar to gbatemp but I am useless at any language besides english so I didn't know how to get around let alone search...

There was a WADder thread there though
laugh.gif
!

edit:
Hey gundalf (since you're reading this right?) I have a question: When you made those animated banners (of course modifying the brlan stuff), did you completely replace them with new ones? If you made one that would work with WADder then we could have fully legal custom channels (that even wiibrew would accept
tongue.gif
)

edit2: I think it is amazing that I've only been here 4 days and I already have 160 posts!

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
The Channels uses an Nandloader based AFAIK on there Homebrewchannel Beta10. So this is illegal and under there Copyright.
I dont think Wiibrew will deal with us
tongue.gif

edit
I think Gally isnt really anymore into the Wii Scene.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there any chance you can have the app remember the last inputted settings ?

im making channels and though it doesnt take that long when i have all the files on the desktop - doing the same channel 5 times can be very repetative and having to go look or the same ones over and over is annoying - especially when the paths error - it seems to happen every second time with 1.1.1 and in the same place every time , but it took me a while to figure that out - its when the U8 extractor is looking for 00000000.app in the C:\wadder001000141424747 folder it only seems to get to c:\wa and stop there ... looks like its pushing the info too fast for Vista

im using the app in xp compatability mode but ill try it without. but if it could remember the settings i put in the last time it would speed things up a lot if its possible as an option (tick box maybe?)

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't know how I would impliment that, sorry
frown.gif

gundalf: what about the brlan files and such? are those made from scratch?

djtaz: only C:\wa is inputted? thats weird. try running with all other apps closed and aero disabled? you can always finish the path yourself...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
icefireicefire said:
Don't know how I would impliment that, sorry
frown.gif

gundalf: what about the brlan files and such? are those made from scratch?

djtaz: only C:\wa is inputted? thats weird. try running with all other apps closed and aero disabled? you can always finish the path yourself...

yeah i figured that out after a few times of doing it - its not too much bother really - its more than likely a vista bug and nothing to do with your app.

As for the remembering part - wouldnt it be possible to create a text file in the wadder folder called memory.txt and put the info in there and take it out again when next loading ?

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
About the elatorado.net can't you use google to translate it? I didnt try it.. .but was worth a shot maybe..

funny thing about the wadder thread...

about it remembering...isnt there something in the script that would let it use a dropdown of previous folders?

I thought that was something standard in that scripting... but what the hell do i know...I am no wizard

Also another suggestion... is there anyway that it can autopatch the dol to implement a safe reboot instead of code dumping?? I know that is probably the source's fault on creating the dol or they were never meant to be injected... but was wandering if someone knew how to patch the dol on the fly....even though I know I probably know the answer to this...and this you would probably have to recompile the dol from source and add it that way...but was just shooting something out there that seems to be unfriendly...exiting to a code dump is kind of frownful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8