Wad uninstaller?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tranquil, Oct 6, 2008.

Oct 6, 2008

Wad uninstaller? by Tranquil at 11:14 PM (1,197 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Tranquil
    OP

Member Tranquil GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't really get what the point of it is. My friend says that deleting it from the Wii System Memory is no different from using the uninstaller, so why does one even exist?

Also, another question: What are the risks of installing/injecting wads onto the Wii? Things like memory issues or traces that Nintendo can track, etc.

If anyone can clear this up for me that would be great.

2. linkinworm

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    the uninstaller will remove tickets and tmds so its like the game was never installed on your wii(usefull if you need to send wii off so nintendo cant track) theres always a small risk with installing wads. same risk of downloading from nintendo tho really, unless the wad has something that will delete something from the nand

3. Tranquil
    OP

United States
    So deleting it normally won't remove these "tickets"? Also, what about the Nintendo Channel? Can Nintendo use that to keep track of what games you are playing and see that you are playing games that are injected?

4. Zeek03

Member Zeek03 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes they see what you are playing.

They only see the name of what the game is called. Same as when you put your wiimote cursor over the channel, its name appears. That is what they will see.

If the name is different and it is a name of an unreleased VC game, they know it is some kind of hack. They don't know ANYTHING about Injections.

If I get an injection (Such as Super Mario Kart) and name it Super Mario Bros. They can't tell the difference! Unless they check the ticket that is!

5. Tranquil
    OP

United States
    Okay so there overall shouldn't be any risk to installing/injecting a wad, right? If I'm done with it and delete it, my Wii will be the same way it was before I installed it and there will be no trace that I ever had it there?

Also, let's say that I injected a wad, deleted it through the Wii System Memory menu...would I still be able to use the wad uninstaller after that to remove all the traces or would it be too late?

6. perro

Newcomer perro Newbie

United States
    But do WAD uninstallers leave play time traces on the Wii Board?

7. Mrkinator

Member Mrkinator Neil Peart Wannabe

Canada
    Yes, the channel name will stay on the "Today's Accomplishments" on the message board.

8. perro

Newcomer perro Newbie

United States
    how fugly and inconvenient! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. ChimneyBug

Newcomer ChimneyBug Member

Japan
    I've tried uninstalling CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad via wad manager but it insists it isn't installed. i've tried installing it again, which it does, and on trying to uninstall still says the wad isn't installed. anyone know whats up?

edit: I ended up uninstalling it with the anytitledeleter by the way, so I'm aware I can remove the cios, I'm just wondering why it doesn't seem to uninstall through wad manager despite installing it through wad manager