Hacking WAD Packer v0.0001 released!!!

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
Yeah you have packed it but the cert file is what we are all struggling on, it errors out when we are tring to put it on our wii.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i get this error when trying to pack super mario 64,
any suggestions?
unbenannt1kopieaq2.jpg

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
[Truth said:
]
stev418 said:
just made smb2 including this missing files that the tmd indicated, getting tested now
how did you know from the tmd, which file was missing?

using this as a guide

Instructions:
- Place Waninkoko's NAND-FS Dumper on the SD Card, and load it on your Wii with the known Wii Homebrew loading methods (Twilight Princess Hack, Trucha Signer, or (Hacked) Homebrew Channel). Make sure you have more than 512MB of space on the SD Card, then run the program.

- Copy each channel that you want to have decrypted from your Wii to the SD Card in the Wii System Menu, one by one, and check the copied channel on a computer, in order to see the ID CODE of each of the copied channels (for example FAGP or JAWJ).

- Once you know the ID code for each of the channels you want to copy, look at the Title Database (http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Title_Database) to see which folder the channel you want to copy would belong in on the /NAND_FS/TITLE directory on the decrypted NAND_FS directory on the SD Card. Generally speaking, 00010001: Downloaded channels.

- Go into the /NAND_FS/TITLE/00010001/ directory for the folder containing all the downloaded channels (like Virtual Console, WiiWare, or other channels downloaded from the Wii Shop). Go into each subdirectory in the folder, and go into the CONTENT directory.

- Open up Notepad, and click and drag the TITLE.TMD file into Notepad. Towards the middle-end of the file, you will see the ID CODE of the channel (e.g JAAP).

- When you find an ID CODE in a folder which matches a channel you want to copy, copy the contents of that folder to your computer. You must also copy the TICKET from the /NAND_FS/TICKET/00010001/XXXXXXXX folder belonging to that channel as well.

- You are most likely still missing a few files from the channel you want to copy, which are found in the /NAND_FS/SHARED1 folder. These are shared APP files among other channels, but named differently.

- Open the TITLE.TMD for a copied channel with a HEX EDITOR. The end section specifies the CID of the APP file being used (4 bytes), the INDEX (2 bytes), the TYPE (2 bytes), the SIZE (8 bytes), and SHA1 HASH of the APP (20 bytes) for all APP files used for the channel - check 36 bytes from the end until you reach a file with the INDEX of 00.

- It should list the INDEX of the files used from 00 to the end, which is normally 06 or 07. Those are all the files used, with the file names listed as the 4 bytes before the index. If you see filenames for APP files which aren't in the same folder as your copied channel contents, it means they are in the /NAND_FS/SHARED1/ folder. In order to confirm which file is missing, check the SHA1 HASH of the files in the /NAND_FS/SHARED1/ folder. If you find a match, it means that is the file that is missing from the copied, decrypted channel. Copy that file and rename it to the filename listed on the TITLE.TMD, until all files are in the folder.

- If the filenames are not all in sequence, and it looks like files are missing, it does not matter - what matters is that all the files are there, according to the INDEXES in the TMD.

- When you have all the decrypted APP files according to the TMD, and the TICKET which belongs to that channel as well, you have the entire decrypted channel. You just need a WAD Packer to pack those files into a WAD, which you can install onto your Wii with a WAD Installer.

(THESE HASHES ARE FOR PAL CHANNELS):
Generally speaking, there are 4 SHARED APP files which are used, with the first 3 being the most common:
FILENAME - SHA1 HASH
00000001.APP - f5dd17b3200dd4d6be2b25b577c99e5f941b7324
00000002.APP - 32b339cbbb507d502779259a7866995d030b1d88
00000003.APP - 3644384b0cfc920ef620120e8721bf53c85bda27
0000002C.APP - 096b7bc8616329f32ec0376e438ef5438b0c247a

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
With this release you have to rename the ticket file to title.tik....Maybe this is what is causing problems as it is named differently at first?

col55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have used the packer to pack blazes first release of donkey kong 2 and it packed ok, compared to the wad they released in a hex editor and they are exactly the same, have not tried to install yet but cant see any problems if they are identical

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
stev418 said:
[Truth said:
]
stev418 said:
just made smb2 including this missing files that the tmd indicated, getting tested now
how did you know from the tmd, which file was missing?

using this as a guide
i also used that guide, but i don´t understand the part with reading the hex of the tmd and getting the sha1 hash for the missing *.app files out of it.

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
as i guessed ..the two .wads are not similar..there is a significant bit differant in the two hexes..i guess thats what making the tik get accepted or not.. gonna try n play around some more..

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
col55 said:
i have used the packer to pack blazes first release of donkey kong 2 and it packed ok, compared to the wad they released in a hex editor and they are exactly the same, have not tried to install yet but cant see any problems if they are identical
Yes, i've just compared them in a hex editor and they are exactly the same. This should work. Maybe it does have something to do with renaming the ticket to title.tik.....maybe Blaze's wadpacker leaves the original filenames intact?

EDIT: actuallt there is a bit difference in the two files. I will investigate further

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
uhm,when i compared the two files they are pretty differant in the middle section..was using UltraEdit binary (fast) compare mode..

i get 9349139:9349139 Bytes diff, 13210157 match , 22559296:22559296 Bytes total

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just tried the files from that darkfader site... (nintendo)

I tried Sonic 1 and obviously it doesn,t have a tik file, but I just named the numbers files to .app and tmp to title.tmd, and used the same tik file I had for dk, it paked it, so theorically it's packable, I just think the tiket wouldn't work on your wii.(btw I used pal tik on ntsc title) came up as a 12mb file.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah I'm starting to believe that aswell, because the only cert file we've had so far came with the 0.0001 version, I think he just had it zipped with the rest by mistake since it's not found in other versions.

hill

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I did it right but I managed to pack Paper Mario for n64. If anyone else manages to do it let me know if you md5 matches mine, I'm not sure if its correct though.

986c99438825808d7ecb80a88dba3785 NTSC by the way.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Followed the intructions and tried it out on a raw VC Super Mario Bros 3 file I found. Spat out a WAD file that's only 4kb which I know is not right at all.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
stev418 said:
to anyone that has dumped their wii fs, are there any .cert file amongst the files?
nope,
there was only a file called cert.sys.
but i highly doubt that has anything to do with the cert file we are looking for.
i now have all the needed app files from the tmd, but the wadpacker asks for files that are not needed.
the program is crap.

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
I think we should try to compare the title.cert file that was released with the packer, to that of the .cert file in the Blaze release...if we can extract it from the WAD

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
could anyone just compare in HEX the cert.sys and title.cert found in version 1 and see if they are similar? then maybe try renaming the cert.sys to title.cert...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: At least the 20 you can add MicroSD up to 1TB lol