OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is my situation:

I have a 3.4U Wii with HBC installed. I have used WAD-Manager to install IOS16. I would like to install cIOS36-rev9 to run Trucha signed games and run the USB Loader. If I run "cIOS36_rev9 Installer" I get a -2011 error. My understanding is that this error is a result of not having a cIOS already on my Wii that will allow the installation of fake signed WADs. It is also my understanding that since I have IOS16 on my Wii I can run a custom WAD-Manager for IOS16 that will allow me to install a cIOS. Is there a cIOS36-rev9 WAD file out there, or should I use WAD-Manager to install some other cIOS that will then allow me to run the "cIOS36_rev9 Installer"?

Please note that I do not want to downgrade at this time or modify the original IOSs on my system.

stikboy73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago on my bor's Wii. Try installing cios36 rev 7 first then intall rev 9. That worked for us.
SB

iazybandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lazycus

Rotten
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pika sent you a link to the actual cIOS249 wad (cIOS 36 rev9), which is not allowed.

Since I was still unsure if the cIOS36-rev9 installer did anything special beyond installing cIOS249 here is what I did:
  • Ran WAD-Manager_v1.3_IOS16 and installed cIOS249-IOS36-rev07.wad.
  • Ran cIOS36_rev9 Installer which updated my cIOS249.
I probably could have just gone ahead and installed the cIOS249-IOS36-rev09.wad and had equal success. So now I am at 3.4U with 2 fake signing bugged IOS (IOS16 & cIOS249) and I can run USB-Loader and launch Trucha signed games using SoftChip. Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol