Hacking WAD Manager 1.5 Multimod

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
smf said:
Summersett said:
He's saying that it doesn't matter what order they are installed in. If you installed the system menu and then tried installing IOS70 but lost power in the middle, your Wii would get bricked. As long as both are installed properly, it doesn't matter the order.

Thanks for the mod Leathl!

It's just as safe as replacing the brakes on your car while you're driving, you might not hit anything but then again.

I don't think this is an appropriate analogy.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
me neither, its impossible to change your brakes while driving
biggrin.gif

i think you mean safe to drive without brakes, which would then have nothing to do with changing them.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
me neither, its impossible to change your brakes while driving
biggrin.gif

i think you mean safe to drive without brakes, which would then have nothing to do with changing them.

i think the point was why would you in the first place
rolleyes.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Leathl said:
TeenTin said:
One question. Is it possible to select (and accumulate) wads in different folders ?

no, only one folder at a time

See.

I have a suggestion. How about :

1. Pressing "+" to toggle the selection of wads to install, marking with "+".
2. Pressing "-" to toggle the selection of wads to uninstall, marking with "-".

3. Pressing "1" to execute. (with confirmation)

Thanks for your great work !

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And then maybe hit either + or - twice to undo the selection? I kind of like that idea, but the way it is now is fine also - as long as the great feature is there!

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jacol Beyros said:
when the hell did you learn c? i thought you only knew c#.

Well, it's enough for little modifications, I'm still better in C#
wink.gif

TeenTin said:
Leathl said:
TeenTin said:
One question. Is it possible to select (and accumulate) wads in different folders ?

no, only one folder at a time

See.

I have a suggestion. How about :

1. Pressing "+" to toggle the selection of wads to install, marking with "+".
2. Pressing "-" to toggle the selection of wads to uninstall, marking with "-".

3. Pressing "1" to execute. (with confirmation)

Thanks for your great work !

QUOTE(IlluminiX @ Dec 16 2009, 03:09 PM)
And then maybe hit either + or - twice to undo the selection? I kind of like that idea, but the way it is now is fine also - as long as the great feature is there!

That both sounds good. When I was on the move today, I already thought about a confirmation before installing/uninstalling. Good idea to make it possible to install and uninstall at a time, although I doubt I will often need it, but maybe someone does
smile.gif

I will also replace the "*" with either a "+" or a "-" to see, if it's marked for installing or uninstalling.

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leathl - I didn't want to request too much at one time - but since you seem very agreeable to new feature ideas, I was thinking that the user could put + and - in all the folders he wants to (un)install and then the confirmation screen could list everything in separate categories (install or uninstall) from all the various folders where the markers have been left. That would really be sweet! I actually don't need this feature myself since my main channels are pretty much set - but I figure someone might like it and it kind of completes a really excellent mod! Thank you!

Deviling Master

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can suggest you a thing?
If you combine this project with yours, you can add a GUI and more important Samba service.

Samba batch is very useful IMO and with GUI you can select easily with pointer and wiimote

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Leathl said:
That both sounds good. When I was on the move today, I already thought about a confirmation before installing/uninstalling. Good idea to make it possible to install and uninstall at a time, although I doubt I will often need it, but maybe someone does
smile.gif

I will also replace the "*" with either a "+" or a "-" to see, if it's marked for installing or uninstalling.

Hope to see this to be implemented soon.
rolleyes.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble using it, all I get is the following,

Press LEFT/RIGHT to change IOS version.

Press A button to continue.
Press HOME button to restart.

it won't let me change the IOS version and any button I press, the same message appears again and again, please help me fix the problem

PS- I reinstalled cIOS rev 14 and still the problem exists

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Updated to V2

IlluminiX said:
Leathl - I didn't want to request too much at one time - but since you seem very agreeable to new feature ideas, I was thinking that the user could put + and - in all the folders he wants to (un)install and then the confirmation screen could list everything in separate categories (install or uninstall) from all the various folders where the markers have been left. That would really be sweet! I actually don't need this feature myself since my main channels are pretty much set - but I figure someone might like it and it kind of completes a really excellent mod! Thank you!

Deviling Master said:
I can suggest you a thing?
If you combine this project with yours, you can add a GUI and more important Samba service.

Samba batch is very useful IMO and with GUI you can select easily with pointer and wiimote

Sorry both of you, I'm not too familar with C. Maybe someone else who is wants to give this a shot..

QUOTE(bnm81002 @ Dec 16 2009, 11:43 PM)
I am having trouble using it, all I get is the following,

Press LEFT/RIGHT to change IOS version.

Press A button to continue.
Press HOME button to restart.

it won't let me change the IOS version and any button I press, the same message appears again and again, please help me fix the problem

PS- I reinstalled cIOS rev 14 and still the problem exists

Try putting the wm_config.txt in SD:\wad and be sure that it says "cIOSVersion=249" (without quotes) in it.
That will automatically skip the IOS selection screen.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Amazing update !!!! GREAT !!!

I will test it as soon as I back home !!!

One question : The file operation(s) is the delete function only ?

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TeenTin said:
One question : The file operation(s) is the delete function only ?

Yes, but it is a menu like the standard single install/uninstall menu with the choice to choose what to do, so other operations could easily be implemented.
It just doesn't have any other choice yet
laugh.gif

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work. This has come to be a very useful tool.

As for Daco's response earlier indeed I understand what you are saying there. However for this particular tool like I said the only real issue that would exsist is when the power gets cut during install. Frankly if you plan to do anything regarding system menu or IOS installs this tool is most likely not the best option...

Leathl out of curiosity just how difficult would it be to have the wads transfer to an SD card after install as is doable in the shop channel?

Leathl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hells Guardian said:
Leathl out of curiosity just how difficult would it be to have the wads transfer to an SD card after install as is doable in the shop channel?

As I said above

QUOTE(Leathl @ Dec 16 2009, 11:47 PM) Sorry both of you, I'm not too familar with C. Maybe someone else who is wants to give this a shot..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.