WAD Manager 1.3 errors on WAD install

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bgfolio, Feb 5, 2009.

Feb 5, 2009
  1. bgfolio
    OP

Newcomer bgfolio Newbie

United States
    I am hoping someone can help me out here. I am on 3.2u with a Wiikey 2 installed. I have installed the HBC and updated to the latest version. I am trying to load some WAD files with WAD Manager 1.3. WAD Manager will boot up and allow me to see the list of WAD files. Once I have selected one that I would like to install, I get a crazy error message along the lines of "Exception (Alignment) Error" and I get a huge string of error characters. Has anyone encountered anything like this before? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

-BG

2. forbore

Member forbore GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    DId you install CIOS??? If so, then try resinstalling WAD Manager. Also, did you try only 1 WAD???

3. bgfolio
    OP

Newcomer bgfolio Newbie

United States
    I haven't installed CIOS. Is this necessary? Also, I have tried several WADs. Nothing has worked so far. I appreciate your response.

4. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    well if you are in 3.2 a cIOS it is not really necesary, but try installing it, and try download the boot.dol file from another place, that .dol may be corrupted...!!! [​IMG]

5. bgfolio
    OP

Newcomer bgfolio Newbie

United States
    Thanks guys! It's really starting to make me crazy. I can get all the way to the install and then I get that crazy message. I guess I could try a few different boot.dol files. I grabbed another one today. Ugh. I haven't seen any other topics about the error that I have gotten. weird.

6. bgfolio
    OP

Newcomer bgfolio Newbie

United States
    It turned out it was a bum boot.dol. Thanks again!