WAD loader from DVD

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ZombiePosessor, Jul 25, 2008.

Jul 25, 2008

WAD loader from DVD by ZombiePosessor at 10:01 AM (5,739 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. ZombiePosessor
    OP

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is there a program that allows me to have a DVD burnt with all the current VC/WiiWare releases and load them in .wad format? Or do I have to have the .elf files or something? Does something like this even exist? I'd search, but searching with the word "wad " in the field renders and unusable search. Thanks in advance. I'm not looking to install or anything, just run off of DVD. Or is there something that would allow me to install the wads from DVD so I can have them all on my DVD instead of just a few on my SD card? Forgot to mention, I have a Wiikey w/ 1.9s

2. sr_corsario

Member sr_corsario GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Not "at the momment"...

3. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    lol... probably soon since DVD access is now possible with a patched IOS, and the code to read files from a DVD is already there in all emulators

in my crystal ball, I can see a WAD Manager v2.0 DELUXE ** NOW WITH DVD SUPPORT** **NEW ** ** DONATE ** soon

[​IMG]

4. Cip78

Newcomer Cip78 Member

Canada
  5. sr_corsario

Spain
    Yes, it works... and soon better than now...

6. masud

Newcomer masud Advanced Member

United States
    What's the point in having one virtual console game on 1 dvd? It is so funny, let's release all those nes games on one dvd each! Do you really think it is worth the time - how long have you been working one this, like one or two months??? Thank god there is people still working on more useful things.

7. kokiri_link

Member kokiri_link GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Woah there buddy, until you release something that does something similar for wii, what right do you have to say that? Ever heard of a dvd r/w? Perhaps this could be for testing purposes, and if you like it, then install it.

8. sr_corsario

Spain
    [​IMG] More or lease 2/3 weeks...

Its very funny look for something and find it ... XD And acording of my knowledge I cant do "biggest" thinks.

"One game in each DVD" at the mommnet... [​IMG]

9. masud

Newcomer masud Advanced Member

United States
    I just don't get it. Why would i go through all the hassle of converting a wad to a dvd and burning it when i can install the wad in like 10 seconds? To test a game i can install and uninstall on my wii in such an easy way? Honestly i can't see the point.
    And since when do i need to be a developer in order to give my opinion about piracy? Is it on the forum rules?

10. jayparadox

Member jayparadox GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    We're working on having multiple partitions on a DVD, which allows multiple VC games on ONE single DVD.

I'm quite sure we can fit ALL the VC games on one single DVD. It's a lot faster that copying the WAD to the SD, booting HBC, install the WAD, go back to the menu, and load the title. Also, you have to delete it if you don't want it anymore, which takes time too.

11. MizuhoChan

Member MizuhoChan GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I think the best plan for this would be to create a VC channel, put all the VC games on the DVD, then have the VC channel look for the DVD, read the games, then give a list. And have saving to the SD card, since you wouldn't be able to save to DVD.

I say this, yet I know such a thing would be difficult. I have no programming ability =(

12. jayparadox

Member jayparadox GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    The best way is to have a game loader that gets booted first on the DVD, and from here we can load which game we want to load.
    There is still a lot of investigation to do!