Hacking Vwii Wiiware/VC

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know how you managed to launch the Wii version, when we gave you the vWii guide and link.
The guide expressly tells to be sure there's no Wii files on your SD before starting. (use a clean/formated SD card next time you try to mess with system files to be sure you don't launch Wii version on vWii).
You have the chance that it didn't work you when trying to install it. You could have bricked your vWii.

If everything works fine now, it's good.

rposlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because i already had downloaded some files before and i just searched my download folder, i sao the d2x installer 3.1 and the beta 52.zip and saw the readme.txt where they say for vwii you have to use d2xinstaller and not modmii i thought that was the right file but it was not cause it doesnt say vwii at the end.. the readme should have a warning... it confuses because they state that for vwii you have to use the d2x installer but no warning to use the file on vwii so you assume that the file is correct cause you see them talking about vwii. i guess i had luck?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
edit: ok, I found the readme with that warning.
I agree it's not really explicit. it's not really updated for vWii, it was the old readme for Wii before vWii was released. he probably added a single "don't use modmii" as warning without updating the rest of the steps.

for vWii, you need the version 2.2mod, not 3.1.
3.1 is downloading IOS from nintendo's servers (which are using an unknown encryption key) or you need to create wad files of your own extracted IOS and put them on SD card and use offline install.
2.2 mod is extracting the IOS automatically from the vWii as base.
next time, be sure you are using the same files/version than the one in provided in guides, that will prevent headaches to find what's wrong.

rposlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah its really easy to do a mistake like this, fortunaly everything is fine. is it possible that i had corrupted something when i tried to install the cios wii beta52 and had to unplug when got stuck? because after i installed the vwii beta 52 on the same base and installed fine. Thanks for you help

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you couldn't install, I think it's fine.
the installer probably couldn't patch the downloaded encrypted data so it shouldn't have try to install it.

Now would be a good time to make a NAND backup.
it can't be used to restore your NAND, but at least you would have a copy of your system, the keys, etc.

rposlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks i will do a nand backup. What is the best program for it? Should i use Dump mii and the xy keys thing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since