Homebrew vWii/Wii HID USB support - Why is it limited to Nintendont ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wonder why the gamecube games (nintendont) can use HID/libwupc and Wii games doesn't.
because when you play a gamecube game, the Wii(U) is NOT running the gamecube game, it's running nintendont.
nintendont is the one in memory, responsible for interacting with the hardware and intercepting the game's function, sending them to the Wii corresponding CPU/GPU equivalent function.
Nintendont has HID support if you enable the "controller emulation" option.
if you enable the "Original control" (not sure about the name), then it means it's using the official nintendo's gamecube game controller function and physical port on the Wii (missing on WiiU of course) to read the controller's data. If you enable it, you lose all button combo and support for additional (non gamecube) controllers.

Either you tell nintendont to read the devices and emulate the controls by replacing the data into the RAM when the real controls are supposed to be read by the game, either you let the game read the data itself.

when you play a Wii game, there's no "USB Loader" in RAM, the console reboots and has only the game in RAM. if the game has no function to read HID, then you can't use HID. no "intermediate application" in RAM which can run at the same time than the game to rewrite the controller's RAM by reading external input devices.

Reactions: Master-Killua

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So it is possible to play the emulators in vwii mode with different bluetooth controllers? Help me out here :P
no...

you can at most play wth
wiimote+nunchuck
wiimote + classic controller
wiimote+classic controller pro

and at most is the emulator supports it some do like n64/ps1 and so more you can play with
wiiu pro controller
wiiu gamepad

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Correct. I said it wasn't completely true.
it is absolutely true... lol

that is like saying n64 is only compatible with n64 controllers and you say oh not it isn't exactly true because you can buy an adapter that turns a gamecube controller into n64 controller input and play with that...(i own one)

it is exactly true what i said, if a device mimiks any of those devices perfectly it will work as well but the emulator only supports those input controllers.

there are adapters for every console in existence that doesnt make anyone saying that n64 is compatible with ps3,ps2,gamecube and so on controllers...

Reactions: V10lator

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look guys, I'm not willing to get into a war of words with you all, because honestly it does not hold my interest. I've posted information above, people can read it if they wish. I just want to help spread that info so it can help somebody else. So I'll just politely remove myself from the table. 👍

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: