Vwii u guide and advantages

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am running CHBC and today i was reading about how the wii u can be turned into a virtual wii u wow sounds great

What are the advantages of this except playing wii games and is there a decent tutorial that can help me understand this a bit more?

I saw this video but it is a bit unclear if i can hse my existing memory card thats got chbc installed already.

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did notice that when I download gamecube games or wii games i get asked to provide the image files

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that shouldn't matter. wuphax is the best option, I think. I used smash bros to hack my vwii, but it should be easier now and without a game required.

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i actually just noticed that the virtual wii is already installed on my background screen… not sure it was there before I modded nevertheless

If i wanted to mod the virtual wiiu
And have chbc install on 5.5.5
Is this the best guide to use?

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii-modding

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i actually just noticed that the virtual wii is already installed on my background screen… not sure it was there before I modded nevertheless

If i wanted to mod the virtual wiiu
And have chbc install on 5.5.5
Is this the best guide to use?

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii-modding
Do you mean the icon saying "Wii" in the WiiU menu? That one is standard.

wiiu.hacks.guide is excellent. You get essentially all the software it uses and in the right folders (!) here:
https://wiiusetup.chitowarlock.com/#

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you mean the icon saying "Wii" in the WiiU menu? That one is standard.

wiiu.hacks.guide is excellent. You get essentially all the software it uses and in the right folders (!) here:
https://wiiusetup.chitowarlock.com/#

i think I am a bit misunderstood,

- Which option on that screen do I need to go for?
-And I can use the exact same sd card that I used to modd the wii u?
- what are the main advantages of getting the vWii u modded? (apart from playing wii u games)

SyrusHedgie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think I am a bit misunderstood,

- Which option on that screen do I need to go for?
-And I can use the exact same sd card that I used to modd the wii u?
- what are the main advantages of getting the vWii u modded? (apart from playing wii u games)
I'm confused on your initial post. How do you have CBHC installed without modding the Wii U?

But the advantages of modding it is that you can play virtual console injects that installs to either the nand or an external hard drive and you can also play with the GamePad. And with a program called hid to vpad, you can connect and use different console controllers on the Wii U and play with them.

Despite the Wii U's mixed reviews, it is the best console for emulation.

Reactions: emcintosh

Psd99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm confused on your initial post. How do you have CBHC installed without modding the Wii U?

But the advantages of modding it is that you can play virtual console injects that installs to either the nand or an external hard drive and you can also play with the GamePad. And with a program called hid to vpad, you can connect and use different console controllers on the Wii U and play with them.

Despite the Wii U's mixed reviews, it is the best console for emulation.

I will rephrase
I have the wii u modded and last night modded the vwiiu

I will check the hack to allow me to play the gamepad on the wii
Very useful

But now how do i go about dowloading wii games and possibly n64? Love that console and such a shame that im going to need to use another hdd to save the wii stuff
Guess no workarounds?

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeh, u can play vwii on game pad. It’s been awhile since I’ve done my Wii U conversions but I believe in tecmoons app there is a check box for it

SyrusHedgie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah so there is not an app that lets u play with the gamepad on the vwii?
No. Wii games don't have GamePad support, but you can play them while using the screen, it has a built in sensor. But GameCube games have gamepad support. Other console games like the N64 and the NES run in Wii U mode, so they have gamepad support as well, but they HAVE to be injects.

I will rephrase
I have the wii u modded and last night modded the vwiiu

I will check the hack to allow me to play the gamepad on the wii
Very useful

But now how do i go about dowloading wii games and possibly n64? Love that console and such a shame that im going to need to use another hdd to save the wii stuff
Guess no workarounds?

Check out Wii U USB helper for your games. But all games might not be on there. Don't use the built in inject tool, download and use UWUVCI for creating vc injects. Also, it's just called vWii, not vWiiu

Last edited by SyrusHedgie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE