dazzaXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just another quick question.

I recently de_fused my Japanese Wii U and installed the EUR version firmware on it. I've set up my vWii with all the homebrew necessities but one thing refuses to work.

The "Return to Wii U" Channel, when attempting to return back to the normal Wii U mode via the channel, it simply hangs on a black screen, I've used the vWii Decaffinator on all modes available but the problem remains... Anyone got any idea what is causing this problem?

Thanks for your time.

DCeric1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I'm also having the issue as well... can't seem to any options for the "Return to" other then a broken Homebrew channel link and a "clear" which both break and lead to hard lock with black screen.

3dsFan1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The problem is just moved the drive from a modded Wii so it sees the "Return to" from it. Is there a way to restart that without starting clean?
The only idea that comes to my mind is to do a backup, restore the nand and restore the backup

DumbMJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the current nand backup region from this archive, https://archive.org/details/vwii-nands-all-regions. Then install vwiinandrestorer on tiramisu, after that create a vwiinandrestorer folder on the root of your sd card. Then copy the extracted folder from the nand backup onto the vwiinandrestorer folder! Press "Copy extracted nand to slccmpt" after that press "fix modes". You now have (hopefully) have the Wii U Menu channel working! (Tell me if anything goes wrong)

Reactions: dazzaXx

dazzaXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Install the current nand backup region from this archive. Then install vwiinandrestorer on tiramisu, after that create a vwiinandrestorer folder on the root of your sd card. Then copy the extracted folder from the nand backup onto the vwiinandrestorer folder! Press "Copy extracted nand to slccmpt" after that press "fix modes". You now have (hopefully) have the Wii U Menu channel working! (Tell me if anything goes wrong)
Hi. thanks for this! I've been busy / just finished upgrading the NAND using the patchwork method. I'll give it a go asap!
Post automatically merged:

Unfortunately, it still returns the same black screen... it could be due to trying to launch the channel through usb loader. But even on the normal wii menu it did it

EDIT: I was tinkering with having no drive and this was also making it not work properly, your help actually DID work for me. Apologies and thanks a bunch!! @DumbMJ

Last edited by dazzaXx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That game maybe too violent for your granny tho. Better get Barbies Dream house instead.