vWii mode bricked

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by maravig, Feb 22, 2015.

1. maravig
    OP

maravig Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2012
    United States
    Hello,
    I bricked my wiiu mode trying to downgrade ios15. I did have a backup, but accidentally erased it(too many sd cards). My question is it possible to erase everything and start over with nothing, basically losing all my data? When I try to enter wii mode, I just get a black screen and that's it. I'm mad at myself for messing up, but it's my fault. I don't want to send it to N.

Jeff

2. Jayro
    This message by Jayro has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 23, 2015, Reason: Do NOT let me catch you advocating fraud again.
    Feb 22, 2015

3. puss2puss

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    ..the title should be vwii...not wiiU mode..
    anyway, just to inform you, you can format your wiiU if its your last option, and it will reinstall all the original ios..but you'il loose all the data :P

EDIT: nevermind..apparently the IOSs in the vwii are not affected anymore by a format of the wiiU..

4. maravig
    OP

maravig Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2012
    United States
    Thanks for correcting me about the title. How do I go about a reformat? I saw under settings where I could data and settings, but it didn't vWii or reformatting.

5. puss2puss

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    well its in the wiiU's settings, at the end if i remember..
    and it will obviously format the vwii AND the wiiU!..not just the vwii.
    oh and if i remember right, you need to be connected to the internet to be able to format the console.

6. maravig
    OP

maravig Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2012
    United States
    Ok, will do. Thank you for responding!!

7. TheZander
    This message by TheZander has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 23, 2015, Reason: reply to trashed post.
    Feb 22, 2015
  8. maravig
    OP

maravig Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2012
    United States
    The reformat started out ok. It went to a black screen after a while. Is that normal? Should I restart it?

9. 2Hack
    This message by 2Hack has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 23, 2015, Reason: That is fraud.
    Feb 22, 2015
  10. maravig
    OP

maravig Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2012
    United States
    Amazing, after a reformat, vWii is still bricked. bummer

11. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Ask if anyone can PM you a vIOS 15. I would, but I haven't finished dumping all my vIOS's yet (it's a tedious process and I'm not planning on messing with anything for a while, so I'm doing it over a period of time)

Question: can you access vWii AT ALL?

12. maravig
    OP

maravig Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2012
    United States
    nothing I'm afraid. When the reformat was going I did forget my firewall was on and the NUS servers filtered so I may try it one more time.

13. Jayro
    This message by Jayro has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 23, 2015, Reason: That is fraud.
    Feb 22, 2015
  14. maravig
    OP

maravig Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2012
    United States
    I'm drawing a blank, do you have to have an SD card in the system to utilize vWii?

15. 2Hack

2Hack HYPiavelli

Nov 26, 2014
    Canada
    Underground
    No, you shouldn't need to have one inserted.

16. maravig
    OP

maravig Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2012
    United States
    rats, I was hoping after the reformat, that was the reason it was still going to black screen. Oh well.

17. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Do you have your Wii U plugged into a TV via some form of A/V cable, and is the TV set to the correct resolution?

18. maravig
    OP

maravig Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2012
    United States
    connected via HDMI and yes, the correct res is set

19. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Well, nuts, that was about all I had left :sad:

20. maravig
    OP

maravig Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2012
    United States
    I think I have to send it in for service. Thanks anyway for responding :-)

21. puss2puss

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    did you reformat without your firewall? when you format the wiiU connects to N's servers or whatever.. what does it do now when you try to go on the vwii?
    ...you could make some ''missing: wiiU nand, reward if found!'' flags and pin them on telephone boots..

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  22. Ray Lewis
    This message by Ray Lewis has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Feb 23, 2015, Reason: That is fraud.
    Feb 23, 2015
  23. kenrousell2

kenrousell2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2015
    United States

24. puss2puss

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    :blink:

25. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Formating wiiU doesn't affect vWii.
    Do not bother formating the WiiU mode.

What you need is a way to install a clean IOS15.
    if you can boot to system menu, then Homebrew channel you are fine. (you should be able to boot it, IOS15 is not used by System menu nor HBC)

vWii > Boot HBC > Use a wad manager > Install a clean vWii IOS15 (NOT a Wii IOS15, NOT a vWII IOS15 extracted from EmuNAND dump).
    It's forbidden to ask or link IOS wads publicly on this forum.

If it doesn't even boot to vWii System menu, then there's nothing you can do. sending it is probably your only way to fix it.
    There's another way, but it require an official update of vWii and I don't think nintendo will ever update IOS15.
    WiiU sometime refuses to update if vWii is semi-bricked, so you even risk to not being able to update WiiU mode for future games/features.

Why did you think you had to downgrade IOS15?
    Why would you need to? There are a lot of guide to hack vWii, and a lot of warning everywhere telling NOT to mess with IOS.

26. puss2puss

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    oh, well maybe it doesnt affect all the iOSs, but i'm pretty sure it affect the vwii.
    When i semi-bricked my vwii (i think it was when the wiiu was at 4.0 or something..), i formated the wiiU and the vwii became normal again (and all the original IOSs where back to normal.

anyway, i wont argue with a great temper like you since you know more then me on the subject and i have respect for you, but i can guaranty you that it affect (or it once did..) the vwii..unless its different since latest updates from BigN but i dont see how they would block the vwii from the wiiu when formating..unless they really do?..anyway.. if in 5.3 the vwii isnt affected at all by a format, then i guess it will be useless for him :P
    (ps: i'm not saying you dont know! just saying that it once did and maybe you didnt format the console when it was on those fw..or maybe didnt notice..)
    -Peace.