maravig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I bricked my wiiu mode trying to downgrade ios15. I did have a backup, but accidentally erased it(too many sd cards). My question is it possible to erase everything and start over with nothing, basically losing all my data? When I try to enter wii mode, I just get a black screen and that's it. I'm mad at myself for messing up, but it's my fault. I don't want to send it to N.

Jeff

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
..the title should be vwii...not wiiU mode..
anyway, just to inform you, you can format your wiiU if its your last option, and it will reinstall all the original ios..but you'il loose all the data :P

EDIT: nevermind..apparently the IOSs in the vwii are not affected anymore by a format of the wiiU..

maravig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..the title should be vwii...not wiiU mode..
anyway, just to inform you, you can format your wiiU if its your last option, and it will reinstall all the original ios..but you'il loose all the data :P

Thanks for correcting me about the title. How do I go about a reformat? I saw under settings where I could data and settings, but it didn't vWii or reformatting.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well its in the wiiU's settings, at the end if i remember..
and it will obviously format the vwii AND the wiiU!..not just the vwii.
oh and if i remember right, you need to be connected to the internet to be able to format the console.

maravig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reformat started out ok. It went to a black screen after a while. Is that normal? Should I restart it?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing, after a reformat, vWii is still bricked. bummer

Ask if anyone can PM you a vIOS 15. I would, but I haven't finished dumping all my vIOS's yet (it's a tedious process and I'm not planning on messing with anything for a while, so I'm doing it over a period of time)

Question: can you access vWii AT ALL?

maravig

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing I'm afraid. When the reformat was going I did forget my firewall was on and the NUS servers filtered so I may try it one more time.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did you reformat without your firewall? when you format the wiiU connects to N's servers or whatever.. what does it do now when you try to go on the vwii?
...you could make some ''missing: wiiU nand, reward if found!'' flags and pin them on telephone boots..

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TheKroos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you reformat without your firewall? when you format the wiiU connects to N's servers or whatever.. what does it do now when you try to go on the vwii?
...you could make some ''missing: wiiU nand, reward if found!'' flags and pin them on telephone boots..

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Formating wiiU doesn't affect vWii.
Do not bother formating the WiiU mode.

What you need is a way to install a clean IOS15.
if you can boot to system menu, then Homebrew channel you are fine. (you should be able to boot it, IOS15 is not used by System menu nor HBC)

vWii > Boot HBC > Use a wad manager > Install a clean vWii IOS15 (NOT a Wii IOS15, NOT a vWII IOS15 extracted from EmuNAND dump).
It's forbidden to ask or link IOS wads publicly on this forum.

If it doesn't even boot to vWii System menu, then there's nothing you can do. sending it is probably your only way to fix it.
There's another way, but it require an official update of vWii and I don't think nintendo will ever update IOS15.
WiiU sometime refuses to update if vWii is semi-bricked, so you even risk to not being able to update WiiU mode for future games/features.

Why did you think you had to downgrade IOS15?
Why would you need to? There are a lot of guide to hack vWii, and a lot of warning everywhere telling NOT to mess with IOS.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Formating wiiU doesn't affect vWii.
Do not bother formating the WiiU mode.

What you need is a way to install a clean IOS15.
if you can boot to system menu, then Homebrew channel you are fine. (you should be able to boot it, IOS15 is not used by System menu nor HBC)

vWii > Boot HBC > Use a wad manager > Install a clean vWii IOS15 (NOT a Wii IOS15, NOT a vWII IOS15 extracted from EmuNAND dump).
It's forbidden to ask or link IOS wads publicly on this forum.

If it doesn't even boot to vWii System menu, then there's nothing you can do. sending it is probably your only way to fix it.
There's another way, but it require an official update of vWii, but I don't think nintendo will ever update IOS15.
oh, well maybe it doesnt affect all the iOSs, but i'm pretty sure it affect the vwii.
When i semi-bricked my vwii (i think it was when the wiiu was at 4.0 or something..), i formated the wiiU and the vwii became normal again (and all the original IOSs where back to normal.

anyway, i wont argue with a great temper like you since you know more then me on the subject and i have respect for you, but i can guaranty you that it affect (or it once did..) the vwii..unless its different since latest updates from BigN but i dont see how they would block the vwii from the wiiu when formating..unless they really do?..anyway.. if in 5.3 the vwii isnt affected at all by a format, then i guess it will be useless for him :P
(ps: i'm not saying you dont know! just saying that it once did and maybe you didnt format the console when it was on those fw..or maybe didnt notice..)
-Peace.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...