Hacking vWii Menu black bars???

IpsoFact0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, i just hacked my vWii and the vWii menu has black bars on the sides? but in the Wii U mode it uses the full screen? there are no settings for widescreen in the vwii settings like there was on the original wii.

Can anyone help?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, i just hacked my vWii and the vWii menu has black bars on the sides? but in the Wii U mode it uses the full screen? there are no settings for widescreen in the vwii settings like there was on the original wii.

Can anyone help?
The vWii menu uses the settings from the Wii U for displaying.

Are the black bars on the Wii Home Menu, or after you enter homebrew?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
the vWii home menu has black bars on the sides and the top... the screen is basically in a box
How thick is the black border? If it's not much, it's normal. It's called underscan, and it was used to battle CRT TVs' overscan, so the image doesn't get cut off.

thatsage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It has nothing to do with the hack but yeah it's an annoying little quirk. Different games will take different percentage of your screen and nothing is truly 16:9. Just make sure your TV stays on Full Pixel or 1:1 if it has such formats so you don't miss out on anything. Some games you can change screen formatting on TV to make it take up more of you screen but even then you'll get some bars either horizontal or vertical.

I say it's best to just leave it at 1:1 full pixel and look past it.

Reactions: Ryccardo

IpsoFact0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well that sucks?
It has nothing to do with the hack but yeah it's an annoying little quirk. Different games will take different percentage of your screen and nothing is truly 16:9. Just make sure your TV stays on Full Pixel or 1:1 if it has such formats so you don't miss out on anything. Some games you can change screen formatting on TV to make it take up more of you screen but even then you'll get some bars either horizontal or vertical.

I say it's best to just leave it at 1:1 full pixel and look past it.
Im starting to think i shoulda just stuck with my wii

Reactions: cubes

IpsoFact0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The wii is exactly like that, this is why it's happening \:
no it is not. the wii fills up my entire screen every homebrew and every game the wii menu fills up the entire screen aswell

wii was connected to hdtv with component cables and i didnt have any problems like this

Last edited by IpsoFact0,
Reactions: Gugs

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it is not. the wii fills up my entire screen every homebrew and every game the wii menu fills up the entire screen aswell

wii was connected to hdtv with component cables and i didnt have any problems like this
Have you tried zooming in your TV?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since I looked at my vWii and I don't remember it being like that. Have you looked at the vWii settings to see if there is anything in there that you can change?

IpsoFact0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried zooming in your TV?
none of the options on my tv do anything to help me, my tv is in standard full mode all of the other options zoom in way to much
It's been a while since I looked at my vWii and I don't remember it being like that. Have you looked at the vWii settings to see if there is anything in there that you can change?
vwii has no video settings they took it out

Reactions: zeldaism

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I don't have that problem, sounds like it's your TV, you should change the display mode on your TV (there should be a dedicated button for it) to see if you can enable overscan.

IpsoFact0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok i got it...i found a option on my tv i didnt even realize it had turned it from full pixel display to -1 display

seems to have fixed the problem

Last edited by IpsoFact0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...