vWii issues post-5.5.6 update

leejaclane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the update touch anything on the vWii side? Or would it have affected anything on the vWii side?

I'm having issues with vWii now. The Wii U app intended to forward from HBL to the vWii homebrew channel fails and reboots into Wii U menu (granted, this is my first time ever using it, so maybe that's not the update's fault). Also, WiiFlow now freezes on the startup screen and the console has to be unplugged in order to power it off.

I ran syscheck, it says no stubs and the cIOSes are all as they should be, so I'm not sure what the issue is? Unless...

Okay this just occurred to me, I'm sleep-deprived and ignorant of much of the ways these homebrew apps work. Last time I used WiiFlow, I had a different hdd plugged in and set it to use the hdd. Just now, when it froze on me, I had the Wii U hdd plugged in instead. Could that have caused the problem? And if so, what's the fix for it? Just plug the other hdd back in next time before I start WiiFlow?

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're supposed to uplug the Wii U hdd to use the vWii one, unless of course you have 2 USB Y cables one for Wii U and one for vWii (in the back). and you have UStealth

leejaclane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that the Wii U hdd is incompatible, I just never use an hdd for vWii typically and was only trying one out the other day. But would that cause WiiFlow to freeze, having a Wii U formatted hdd plugged in?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water