vWII HBC install without exploit?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sideskroll, Dec 27, 2013.

1. sideskroll
    OP

sideskroll GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    In YOUR house.
    I seem to remember that there was a way to install the HBC on the WII without using any exploits. Is this still possible in the vWII?
    *EDIT* LETTERBOMB is what I was talking about. Does it work in vWII?
    Also, Does anybody know how that whole vWII really works? I mean, is it based on the 4.3 system version of the original WII? And if so, Should we expect it to get "updated" whenever the WIIU gets an update or is it a whole separate thing? I should think it has nothing to do with the WIIU cause AFAIK the vWII is nothing more than a "WII emu" with some of the original WII hardware in the WIIU... SO it should run under it's own terms.
    Is that the case?

Thanks for any responses. Looking forward to hacking AT LEAST the vWII portion of my WIIU to run my backups.
    Oh, one more thing: Is it possible to run emulators on the vWII? Specifically retroarch (which I love) It should, shouldn't it?
    Thanks again.

2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    LOL
    thats like trying to open a locked door without a key

the LeterBomb Exploit i believe your referring to (which is still a exploit lol) does not work on vWii

3. sideskroll
    OP

sideskroll GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    In YOUR house.
    Hence, the EDIT.

4. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    as for the emus, yes they all work but don't expect them to do anything more than the original Wii does.

5. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States