Hacking vWii emulators.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a list of emulators/homebrew that just don't work at all on vWii? Since apparently not64 doesn't do anything. I attempted to load Kirby 64. It does all kinds of random crap(page filing, byte swapping etc.) and then the screen turns black and does nothing else.

Reactions: Margen67

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there a list of emulators/homebrew that just don't work at all on vWii? Since apparently not64 doesn't do anything. I attempted to load Kirby 64. It does all kinds of random crap(page filing, byte swapping etc.) and then the screen turns black and does nothing else.
everything works on vwii im using not64 on vwii just fine lol you either choosed a game that isnt supported yet or a bad room or just some bad setup overal no idea.

But i can say this, every emulator that works on wii works on vwii on wiiu since i just switched my hdd from wii to my wiiu and every homebrew app works including all the emulators.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got Project64,and Mupen64 and they all load it just fine. But for whatever the reason, not64 does the things stated, andthen justshows a black screen. Have you had similar issues with not64? I have already left the configs pretty much as they were and it refuses to run. When I do a force shutdown it goes from black into the menu and then it finally shuts down.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well I got Project64,and Mupen64 and they all load it just fine. But for whatever the reason, not64 does the things stated, andthen justshows a black screen. Have you had similar issues with not64? I have already left the configs pretty much as they were and it refuses to run. When I do a force shutdown it goes from black into the menu and then it finally shuts down.
i had no issues with not64 i just use it like any other emulator tbh i use the latest version found here
http://files.extremscorner.org/wii/apps/mupen64/latest

and everything works just like on the wii i launch everything from the homebrew channel no loaders btw.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the only thing I'm maybe doing diferent is that I am using aspect ratio fix homebrew as I don't want to reinstall homebrew channel.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well the only thing I'm maybe doing diferent is that I am using aspect ratio fix homebrew as I don't want to reinstall homebrew channel.
i also use a aspect ratio homebrew to fill the entire screen i forogot about that its like an extra channel lol

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Dosbox doesn't work on vwii. It boots fine but no controller inputs register. I personally have issues with scummvm freezing when I exit out of the app too but nobody else has this issue? Everything else seems to work exactly the same though.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's interesting, has anyone else had this issue? I'm using a fat32 flash drive. It's the only homebrew to not work. Does not64/wii64 normally build a page file or whatever, and then do the byteswapping and then not boot the game? The game is in the n64 file format for the record.

Well what do you know, I guess not64 must've messed up the rom beause I wasn't able to open the zip anymore. I just got ucon64 and swapped it to z64 and I'm going to leave it as a normal file and test it.

About dosbox/scummvm that's kinda sad to hear, but i've not played a whole lot of dos games on my wii.

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I got the plain-old properly formatted game, it says it grows the nand page size then loads rom partially into mem2 andthengoes to black. I tried the game on the pc and it runs fine in mupen64. The rom isn't even zipped, and it always ends in the same way fads to black. Andthe only time I see the menu again is if I press and hold the power button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night