VWii display stuff

DevinLittle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I know this program called evwii exists, but I don't understand how it can improve video quality. What I'm trying to do is make the video quality of wii games look very good like emulation or just to make it not looked stretched. I use wii flow lite if it matters and I've been in the wii u homebrew community since September-November of 2022. If you know anything to help me then please reply.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You can get 1:1 output with evWii. As for "make the video quality of wii games look very good like emulation", note that the GameCube/Wii have chroma subsampling in the video output from the XFB that Dolphin usually does not emulate.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
evWii fixes an error that Nintendo made in the way the 480p image from the Wii gets sent - some pixels were being cropped and the slightly smaller image was being stretched, meaning the pixels didn’t at all line up and the image was blurry. Also, Wii games get stretched horizontally even in 4:3 mode, so you can make them sharper at the expense of looking squashed by adjusting the horizontal width.
If you want the game to actually be rendered at a higher resolution than 480p, you will need to use Dolphin on a computer.

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing that hasn't been fixed in vWii is the weird chroma thing, making some lines green in parts of the image.
Would be nice to have an option to disable the deflicker, the upscaled 1080p without deflicker looks reaaaally crisp, really like how it looks on the Wii U.

Tur7L3

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The only thing that hasn't been fixed in vWii is the weird chroma thing, making some lines green in parts of the image.
Would be nice to have an option to disable the deflicker, the upscaled 1080p without deflicker looks reaaaally crisp, really like how it looks on the Wii U.
praying for this, holy fuck. If i'm not wrong, Priiloader should allow this but it still (I THINK) would leave vWii injects/eShop titles out of the picture, which sucks

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
praying for this, holy fuck. If i'm not wrong, Priiloader should allow this but it still (I THINK) would leave vWii injects/eShop titles out of the picture, which sucks
Yeah, that's one of the few things that needs to be fixed.
Also, worst case scenario that Priiloader doesn't disable deflicker, maybe an Aroma plugin can de it (like updating evWii)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.