vWii difficulties... :(

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by JanoriaCorven, Sep 19, 2018.

1. JanoriaCorven
    OP

JanoriaCorven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Australia
    So. Mostly everything works with my vWii modifications. some menus outright freeze the vwii and i need to pull the power plug. others give stack dumps. but thats not the issue, mostly.

I've lost my backup to my Mii channel via the vWii, and i need to be able to restore it in order to play some of the games and have my content be saved. (Wii Sports, Wii Play, the like).
    I am also trying to use Homebrew Browser, but it gives stack dumps...

Any help guys?

Please ask me as many questions as you would like. I am not sure what details TO give, so if you ask for more details, i will honor that question to the best of my ability.

(P.S. Yes. i am improving on my skills, and i am getting better, please dont hate on me!)

Last edited by JanoriaCorven, Sep 19, 2018
  2. JanoriaCorven
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Australia
    Seems that Mii Installer is what it has issues with, giving off STACK dumps.

3. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    I don't know if it's connected (or relevant to your issue), but I seemed to get stack dump errors in homebrew if I had classic controllers or motionplus connected to my wiimotes... I just had to remember to only connect them when I launched games that used them.

4. JanoriaCorven
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Australia
    Unfortunately i dont have any Motion+ or anything... just a regular ol' wiimote. No nunchuck connection.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Attached Files:

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    1st party or 3rd party Wiimote? Homebrew can have issues with 3rd party controllers.

6. JanoriaCorven
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Australia
    First party.

7. JanoriaCorven
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Australia
    from the definitive wii u guide, others had helped me out :3. Please see the guide! :D