VWii and USB 3.0 memory sticks.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by kamppis, May 15, 2013.

1. kamppis
    OP

kamppis Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2013
    Finland
    Hello!

I've tried to look this up, but could not find the answer. Is there any way to get USB 3.0 to work with VWII-mode? When i boot up my console in WiiU mode, light in my stick turns on. After i go to VWII mode it shuts down. I guess it stills uses the old USB versions, too bad. Any tips?

2. izzydeank

izzydeank Banned

Banned
    Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    The Wii U doesn't have usb 3.0 ports. They are usb 2.0, so you must have a different problem going on.

Also I know that alot of people have to use a y cable to get enough power to usb hard drives so maybe thats the problem? For some reason the Wii U doesn't put out as much power on the usb ports.

3. kamppis
    OP

kamppis Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2013
    Finland
    Hmm... I dont think it's a Cios problem either. It shuts down in every USB port, not only in most upper one.

4. izzydeank

izzydeank Banned

Banned
    Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    I didn't say a cios problem?:unsure: I said a power problem. Did you read the vWii guide? Plus shutting down doesn't really matter at the start. Does it work when you need it/using it?

5. Warlord698

Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    United States
  6. kamppis
    OP

kamppis Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2013
    Finland
    Hmm, i have these old IDE hard-drives. If i buy an adapter that converts IDE to USB 2.0. Do you guys think it will work in nintendo? Do you think i still need the Y-USB cable or external power-source?

7. izzydeank

izzydeank Banned

Banned
    Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    Buy a fucking Y cable. They don't cost much.

Warlord698 likes this.
  8. Warlord698

Warlord698 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    United States
    i second that, it's cheaper to get the Y cable than the adapter for the most part ....you can usually find the y cable for about $4-$7-$14 depending where you look

9. kamppis
    OP

kamppis Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2013
    Finland
    Could not get it to work with any cable. So i bought 160gb hard-drive with USB 2.0. Turns out it was actually 300gb and it's working great. So everything went better than expected! It seems, USB 3.0 memory sticks wont work at all!