VSH Menu for 6.20

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by JoshuaEpling, Nov 11, 2011.

Nov 11, 2011

VSH Menu for 6.20 by JoshuaEpling at 6:59 AM (1,260 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. JoshuaEpling
    OP

Newcomer JoshuaEpling Advanced Member

United States
    I'm trying to find a good vsh menu to use cxmb, if memory serves me right I have to use a vsh menu to turn it on. I only got it to work once but never on 6.20. Also does the label of the folder change for vsh menu, like seplugins to plugins or vica versa. I've never used 6.20 and try to get some stuff to work on it. Also, will the square button close the vsh menu? Mine is stuck and I'm trying to work around it til I can get it fixed by either sending it in or opening it myself.

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    When CFW is enabled pressing Select whilst active on the XMB opens the VSH menu. It's an integral CFW feature....ignore all the bell's and whistle's VSH mods...they're largely for the lazy.

3. JoshuaEpling
    OP

United States
    I have my memory stick setup for one, but I only got it to work on one of the 6.3x fws. I'm not entirely sure what I need to do to fix it. When push Select nothing happens. I figured the best way to fix it was install a fresh vsh menu, if possible. I'm mostly installing to confirm if CXMB is active, I checked my themes saw 3 broken squares. I figured that means it's not working. I'm just kinda lost. I can't really confirm if the vsh menu is broke cuz my square button is stuck, I'm not sure if that will impact the vsh menu or not.

4. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Okay here is a way to set it up.
    First put the cxmb folder containing the cxmb.prx in your memory card root
    Second Create a seplugin folder in the root if you already don't have one & create a text file called vsh.txt inside (you can ignore this step if they already exist)
    Finally open vsh.txt & add a new line with ms0:/cxmb/cxmb.prx 1 & then reset the psp.

5. JoshuaEpling
    OP

United States
    the vsh menu is working now, cxmb is not showing up though. I have to say Dragon Master, you've helped me a lot. Thanks, I appreciate it.

6. The_Dragons_Mast

Egypt
    cxmb doesn't show up or anything . It just make .cft themes in PSP/THEME folder usable & if you followed what I said above it should be activated . Try getting a theme from here or make one yourself , place it in PSP/THEME & then chose it the way you chose regular themes from settings .

7. JoshuaEpling
    OP

United States
    It showed the data was corrupt, I'm trying a new theme right now.

8. JoshuaEpling
    OP

United States
    It's working now, thanks again.

9. The_Dragons_Mast

Egypt
    You are welcome & now that your are done with that you should follow what people said in your other thread & clean the psp. Removing the faceplate is as easy as removing some screws & pulling it . Just follow a video on youtube & you should be fine .

10. JoshuaEpling
    OP

United States
    i downloaded the video from youtube, i probably clean it. i've been sick & miserable and havent felt good enough to do much of anything.