VR bullet hell title 'YUKI' gets release date

yuki.jpg

After getting a glimpse at the gameplay last month, developer ARVORE (the team behind the excellent Pixel Ripped 1995) announced the launch date of its upcoming VR bullet hell with roguelike elements, YUKI. It seems we won't have to wait long for it as it launches in a couple of weeks on July 22nd. Accompanying the announcement was a new trailer:

YUKI is an upbeat mix of the bullet-hell and roguelike genres in VR, set in an incredible anime universe. Step into the wild imagination of a child and fly through multidimensional worlds holding the action figure of her favorite character, Yuki, the Space Ranger. Use your hands to fly Yuki and dodge a multitude of bullets and obstacles that cross your path! Groove to the sound of mesmerizing music as you maneuver through each of the spellbinding levels while blasting the evil Yokaliens away.

YUKI will launch this July 22nd on Oculus Quest, Quest 2, Rift and all Steam VR platforms for 19,99 USD|EUR. A PSVR version is expected to launch later this year. Oculus Quest pre-orders start today with a 10% discount and pre-orders will be rewarded with the ability to play the game 48h before it launches.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
love them shmup games. I'm not very good at them, but I love all the confusion. I plan to buy cotton reboot and darius burst later on this month on I think the 20th and 27th for the switch.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
love them shmup games. I'm not very good at them, but I love all the confusion. I plan to buy cotton reboot and darius burst later on this month on I think the 20th and 27th for the switch.
Instead of Darius, I would recommend Stormwind or one of the new Raiden releases.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of Darius, I would recommend Stormwind or one of the new Raiden releases.

thanks, I'll probably do that. it can't be preordered, so I might hold off on buying that shmup game. the two you recommended are cheaper (could buy both for less than darius).

what about cotton reboot? I remember the original cotton on the psx. that game was only like 45MBs iirc.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
thanks, I'll probably do that. it can't be preordered, so I might hold off on buying that shmup game. the two you recommended are cheaper (could buy both for less than darius).

what about cotton reboot? I remember the original cotton on the psx. that game was only like 45MBs iirc.
I only played cotton on arcade, but I am not the biggest fan. This is one of my top 10 shmups ever:
It was great for the U, and is also fantastic for the switch.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to hold off on buying any shmup titles for now. I just bought an expensive hdmi switcher for all of my devices. I might buy them next month when I get paid again, if I get paid again. I need to be careful due to that. I'm playing through ys ix (love the game so far), and I was thinking about buying all the dlc. I got the digital deluxe edition which comes with 25 of the dlc stuff, but I haven't checked to see how much there actually is. I also just preloaded skyward sword yesterday, so it's on my system right now. :D

Reactions: ciaomao

vlvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
as a recent owner of the oculus, this game makes me excited! Been loving bullethells since ikaruga got me hooked, this is definitely on my list

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ciaomao , I may buy a couple shmups after all. the hdmi switcher didn't work correctly, so I'm sending it back. the only two shmup games I can think of that I have are sisters royale and rtype final 2. the two you mentioned I think you were actually cheaper combined than either cotton or darius burst. do you think I should still buy cotton or just go with the two games you mentioned? I'm not committed yet, because there's some dlc I want to get at some point. and, the only game I can think of that I want next month is no more heroes 3.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
@ciaomao , I may buy a couple shmups after all. the hdmi switcher didn't work correctly, so I'm sending it back. the only two shmup games I can think of that I have are sisters royale and rtype final 2. the two you mentioned I think you were actually cheaper combined than either cotton or darius burst. do you think I should still buy cotton or just go with the two games you mentioned? I'm not committed yet, because there's some dlc I want to get at some point. and, the only game I can think of that I want next month is no more heroes 3.
hi godreborn, thank you for your trust. As a big Raiden fan I would recommend one of the "new" Raiden parts. It's a shame that it doesn't use the full screen, but if you've ever liked a Raiden part, you'll love it too. As far as storm wind is concerned, after some thought, I would rather recommend Sky Force. Its a lot of fun per buck. You can always buy Sturmwind later;) Sky Force has an unbelievable replay value. The main thing here is to master all missions in one level. Raiden is more arcade-ish, highscore related, but quite fair! In any case, I wish you a lot of fun with your purchases. You can tell how it turned out and whether you are happy. Oh and if you ever get your hands on an Xbox360 + Kinect, play Child of Eden. It is definitely an exceptional game.

Last edited by ciaomao,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1