Homebrew VNDS and VNs with audio

Click This

Surgite!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. I have an Acekard 2i running Akaio 1.8.9 on a DS Lite/DSi/3DS and VNDS with a Sandisk Class 2 8GB card.
I have an issue where VNDS refuses to load novels with voice files. VNDS seems to run novels without sound pefectly.
Is there a solution to this? Is my card too slow?
Any advice would be appreciated.

On a similarly related note, I also have an audio problem in Moonshell 2.10. Music plays perfectly, but video files play without sound. I read that R4 cards have this issue, but I couldn't find an answer for Acekards, and the alternate loaders don't do anything to mitigate the issue.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi there. I have an Acekard 2i running Akaio 1.8.9 on a DS Lite/DSi/3DS and VNDS with a Sandisk Class 2 8GB card.
I have an issue where VNDS refuses to load novels with voice files. VNDS seems to run novels without sound pefectly.
Is there a solution to this? Is my card too slow?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Have you tried running VNDS via Homebrew Menu?

Click This

Surgite!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Missed your edit. :P
Downloading that now.

Edit Edit: It seems Homebrew Menu completely replaces the menu, from what I read on their site.
I'd prefer to have a solution that keeps Akaio intact.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Edit: Missed your edit. :P
Downloading that now.

Edit Edit: It seems Homebrew Menu completely replaces the menu, from what I read on their site.
I'd prefer to have a solution that keeps Akaio intact.
Well, there ain't no better menu for Homebrew then Homebrew Menu - try it out first, if it works then AKAIO just dislikes your SD. It's actually best to have one SD for homebrews and one for Backups. ;)

Click This

Surgite!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to find my 4GB card lying around somewhere, then.
I'll get back to you if I find it. :P

EDIT: Found it. It's got an install of Linux that I forgot I ever put on there, I'm going to keep that.
I was thinking of getting a Kingston 16GB Class 10 chip as an upgrade anyway, so I'll try the menu on that when I get it.

Click This

Surgite!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. The only problem that blocks me from getting the menu is the lack of a download link --Unless the source-code and installer exe is the menu?

Also could use some help with the Moonshell issue.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
http://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/files/hbmenu/

download the zip, extract it, and then copy the boot.nds file to your micro sd card. run boot.nds and it will load the hb menu selection screen, select your homebrew and launch it.

i have my doubts that your issue is akaio, but report back after you have tried it.

if you are having moonshell issues then you should reformat your msd card. use the panasonic formatter. i have 3 original r4 cards and 2 1:1 clones, i've just run moonshell on them and i have no audio problems. perhaps your DPG video files were not encoded correctly?

-another world

Click This

Surgite!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got hbmenu to run, no difference. However, after converting one of my own novels today, I realized that it wasn't VNDS --The pre-converted novels I obtained are wonky. :P

Anyway, how can I tell if my DPG files weren't encoded properly? I've tried converting .mkv and .m4a to no avail.
I'll have to reformat later, I suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies