VMware VS VirtualBox

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Virtualbox is free and open source, compare to VMware is solely for personal use, the free version of VMware are for personal and educational use, as they only offer limited functionality.

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on what you are doing. If you use windows and wsl2 then dont use virtualbox. Otherwise, you will probably be fine.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I did check to compare VMware and Virtualbox programs few years ago.

But VMware is winner. Allow us to change RAM size, Hard drive space size, number of CPU cores, GPU VRAM size and more. Allow us to play 3D graphic like program and game (Minecraft) inside VMware without problems.

I use VMware Workstation Pro for few years ago to now are great for testing a lot of programs, games, etc.

I wish Mac OS operating system should running on VMware. But required modded operating system and use our own risk (can cause program to brick or stopped working require format whole Windows operating system or restore operating system image to fix problems) to use it.

I hope Windows 12 operating system should able to running on VMware Workstation Pro from Windows 7 to see if work or not. I'm still waiting on Windows 12 for to release out next year 2024. B-)

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
We need more context, what OSs do you want to virtualise? What is the host hardware/OS? What do you want to accompish?

I've used both in the past and I found both to have their pros and cons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning