VLC Audio Filter Question

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use VLC player almost exclusively now to play my local audio and video files. Now, I'm trying to pirate less, I have less of a reason to continue to use it. Since I have an awesome Pandora account (lots of customization time), I won't be buying too much music. That being said, I have come to love the Audio Equalizer/Filter feature that VLC has. Everything I listed to just "pops" when I have the proper filter applied.

My father used to use a program to record the output from the sound card. It struck me that there might be a way to apply the filter to the sound card instead of the music files themselves. When I messed with the settings though, there was no way to do that by default. I was wondering if there is a way to apply the VLC effects to the Pandora stream that is coming though the sound card.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some sound card drivers have equalizer functionality that can be applied to all the sound being outputted by your computer using the software package that comes with the driver. If you don't have that ability, however, I'm pretty sure you cannot apply VLC's equalizer to anything outside VLC itself.

Edit: If you use Realtek, you can use its equalizer functions in the software settings.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured as much. I was hoping that if VLC didn't have a plugin, then some other program could cover the gap. Like the sound recorder could capture the audio and save it. In this case capturing the audio in transit, and applying the filter before broadcasting it through the earphones/speaker.

... Wait, I did have an external audio card that had the function. Soundblaster I believe. Though I do recall the quality to be quite flaky...

EDIT: VLC does have the ability to stream video and audio as an input. I'll see if I can't use a YT playlist to do it. I really like my Pandora though, so if it can do it, I doubt I'd use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.