Hacking Vitashell broken, hangs at a black screen

dankeykang64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was getting rid of the retroarch folder after uninstalling the program using Vitashell, which caused VS to freeze. After waiting a while, I closed VS and rebooted it but now it hangs at a black screen forever. I tried reinstalling Vitashell from the HB shop but nothing works.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try deleting the vita shell folder on the root of ux0 and any vita shell updates from the patch folder. then, reinstall.

childishbeat

Trophies
XP
Country
No solutions I could find worked, but I was able to find one, which happens to not require any reinstallation. Open it, scroll until getting to USB Connection then connect the Vita via USB to a PC or anything other device that allows browsing USB drives. Go to the Vita's USB drive directory (e.g. D:\VitaShell\internal on Windows). Delete or rename lastdir.txt or open it in any standard text editor. Change the file path defined by the file to a non-problematic folder or anything that's not a valid folder path.

AquosR

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
No solutions I could find worked, but I was able to find one, which happens to not require any reinstallation. Open it, scroll until getting to USB Connection then connect the Vita via USB to a PC or anything other device that allows browsing USB drives. Go to the Vita's USB drive directory (e.g. D:\VitaShell\internal on Windows). Delete or rename lastdir.txt or open it in any standard text editor. Change the file path defined by the file to a non-problematic folder or anything that's not a valid folder path.

Brilliant!! It works.. thank you..

Reactions: sushi_wolf

sushi_wolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome thanks for the help! I just used an SD card reader with my pc and accessed the file to delete it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)