Hacking VITAMIN LEAKED! Well..

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was taking about Major Tom
Few pages ago, when I mentioned how Major Tom's friend was the one who leaked it, you said that guy is a hero. Now I do not feel like accusing you of lying, but this seems to be the case. Everyone back then kept trolling, when the tool was leaked, and when I mentioned how I wished it got released via the team to avoid drama. Now that the tool seems to be a half assed tool, everyone is hoping someone would pick this up. That can't happen anyways, without the source code.

I genuinely feel bad for Tom though. The guy just shared it with a friend. Who thought friends would betray one another nowadays? Especially because of the fact that the friend most likely knew who Tom was in the scene and I'm sure he wouldn't tarnish his reputation.

It's not like Tom, created a new account and just leaked it under a different username. However, I understand that he shouldn't have shared it with anyone until it was fully released.

I wanna say there was a number of us saying that this was the case just yesterday...I think I was one of them...

Gee look at that, I did. Now we're all stuck with a half baked release unless flow0, Tom, or Gas decides to continue work on it. Leaker needs his head pulled out of his arse...

That was the point I was making earlier when everyone was too busy trolling. I knew from the start that this leak wasn't even worth leaking since the POC showed a completely different looking tool, with too many improvements. I'm also sure that POC tool was not ready for release. Otherwise, it would've been released since the plan was to release it according to many reputable people.

Last edited by raulpica,

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, some users have reported Vitamin wiping/corrupting all their saves. Feels like they are linked to corrupt dumps or dumping certain games.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, some users have reported Vitamin wiping/corrupting all their saves. Feels like they are linked to corrupt dumps or dumping certain games.
Apparently that only happens when you attempt to run a bad dump i.e dumps that were dumped when the Vita went to sleep mode.

Others also reported that running a game that does not work also corrupts their data.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That was the point I was making earlier when everyone was too busy trolling. I knew from the start that this leak wasn't even worth leaking since the POC showed a completely different looking tool, with too many improvements. I'm also sure that POC tool was not ready for release. Otherwise, it would've been released since the plan was to release it according to many reputable people.

Yep, you had wololo confirm it for christ sake. That dude is so against a tool like that and said it was legit and was likely to be released SOON by Team Freek. Well someone decided to be a douchebag and this is what happens... The scene was starting to look promising again too. Well let's just kill off any hope that end users may have left and kill the only thing keeping Vita mostly alive anymore. I'm so angry right now and it's not even my tool! I'm a dev too (not for Vita, PC) and I am angry just thinking about all this. Earlier I was all for it thinking it was legitimate, but now...

I need a beer

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Apparently that only happens when you attempt to run a bad dump i.e dumps that were dumped when the Vita went to sleep mode.

Others also reported that running a game that does not work also corrupts their data.

Great! Think I'll just wait and not be a pirate for once... Not that I'd use a leaked half baked tool anyways...

Redd's or Smirnoff?...

Reactions: insidexdeath
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, you had wololo confirm it for christ sake. That dude is so against a tool like that and said it was legit and was likely to be released SOON by Team Freek. Well someone decided to be a douchebag and this is what happens... The scene was starting to look promising again too. Well let's just kill off any hope that end users may have left and kill the only thing keeping Vita mostly alive anymore. I'm so angry right now and it's not even my tool! I'm a dev too (not for Vita, PC) and I am angry just thinking about all this. Earlier I was all for it thinking it was legitimate, but now...

I need a beer

If we learned anything from leakers in the past, it's that it does not remotely help the scene move forward at all. In fact, we just moved one step forward, and two steps backwards. We now have one elite dev leaving the scene as a result of this leak, one dev who dropped support for this tool entirely, and one dev who still haven't even commented about it. I suppose we will find out tomorrow about what Mr. Gas has to say about this.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ugh no as i already said the dumper is just fucking with folders renaming them making multiple copies even sometimes deleting the eboot.bin all together etc which ends up confusing the vita until they are deleted

faster7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I kinda feel that this is major toms fault. He didn't have the right to give it to his buddies because he wasn't the only one to develop the tool. It should have been a shared agreement on what to do with the tool.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
How to install the vpk bigger?

You can use the updated Vitashell or strip the assets out of the vpk (leave the eboot and live area stuff), install the repacked vpk, then ftp the assets into the created folder...

This is someone else's idea tho I'm pretty sure it worked for guys on Reddit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah I kinda feel that this is major toms fault. He didn't have the right to give it to his buddies because he wasn't the only one to develop the tool. It should have been a shared agreement on what to do with the tool.
Can we stop with the blame game? Who cares at this poin?, you can't change it , I can't change it. Only ones who can are flow and tom. Us all complaining isn't changing anything. Tom is gone and likely isn't coming back but just remember who gave you decrypted game access in the first place.

I ain't sayin don't be mad but really it does us no good

Reactions: laharl22

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I don't know why but this sorta happened before. If you guys remembers the previous Vita CFW by Coldbird got leaked by a douche, you can find a similarity in the situation. Let's just hope it won't hurt the scene again.
This is the one i'm talking about, in case anyone doesn't remember or know this:
http://wololo.net/2012/10/01/vita-cfw-leaked-coldbird-leaves-the-scene/

Last edited by hyprskllz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol