shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
what makes this thread even more awesome is its title. short and deadly.
And i dont understand how the most pirated system's successor is still not hacked? has nintendo... won? and sony lost... again?

software update imminent

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@[member='shakirmoledina'] The title may be short, but it is also inaccurate.

Some dude has written a python script to dump some info about a connected USB device (which in that case happens to be a PS Vita). He also found how to access the USB debug mode. He still can't actually run any code on the console. The Vita will only be "hacked" when custom, unsigned code is running on it.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is true, then its pretty great irony of Sony creating those expensive as hell memory cards to fight attempts at piracy while Nintendo allows the 3DS to use SD cards, and the 3DS (in 3DS mode) still hasn't been hacked and been out much much longer.

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pirating games on the go with a 3G-model. (would be the only reason for me to get the 3G one :lol: ).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If this is true, then its pretty great irony of Sony creating those expensive as hell memory cards to fight attempts at piracy while Nintendo allows the 3DS to use SD cards, and the 3DS (in 3DS mode) still hasn't been hacked and been out much much longer.
You people need to learn to read. This is true from the evidence I have seen, but it means nothing. The title is overselling it. It's not "hacked", and it's definitely no where near the stage of piracy, all it is is a bit more information being discovered about the Vita.

ken28

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You people need to learn to read. This is true from the evidence I have seen, but it means nothing. The title is overselling it. It's not "hacked", it's no where near the stage of piracy, all it is is a bit more information being discovered about the Vita.
i would change the title if i could.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You people need to learn to read. This is true from the evidence I have seen, but it means nothing. The title is overselling it. It's not "hacked", it's no where near the stage of piracy, all it is is a bit more information being discovered about the Vita.
i would change the title if i could.
I have reported the thread to recommend a title change.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
even if it isn't hacked this is the 1st step so the vita is pretty much hacked or it will be very soon :creep:
No. You seem to have no idea what this means. The script posted, with minor modification, would work with virtually ANY USB device in existence. It ONLY prints some USB information about the Vita, which is not hugely useful, and sends a string the Vita, which does absolutely nothing.

USB debug mode may in theory be more useful, but you can be pretty sure that even in that mode, any code you try to run would have to be signed by Sony. So it's just another mode that can be accessed and not have custom code run in.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
we'll continue this discussion in a month or less that's how liong i predict the hack will be complete

endofline.png

Reactions: 1 person

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You people need to learn to read. This is true from the evidence I have seen, but it means nothing. The title is overselling it. It's not "hacked", and it's definitely no where near the stage of piracy, all it is is a bit more information being discovered about the Vita.

Yes, I'm aware that its not really at a point where anything can be done. But if something like this is already happening, then well I think it doesn't bode well for the Vita's future in terms of hacking. This video makes me feel that its much more likely we'll see (native) homebrew and the like appear on the vita before the 3DS. I do understand its not really hacked, but this is certainly a stepping stone. So I totally stand by my initial statement.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
"Update: Der USB Debug Mode erlaubt uns den Vollzugrif auf die Vita und die Memory Card"

Can anyone translate that please? Google doesn't translate it properly.

"Update: The USB Debug mode allows us to Vollzugrif on the CV and the memory card"

ken28

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"Update: Der USB Debug Mode erlaubt uns den Vollzugrif auf die Vita und die Memory Card"

"Update: The USB Debug mode allows us to Vollzugrif on the CV and the memory card"
The usb Debug mode allows us full access to the memory card and the Vita itself

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

edit: the usb debug mode gives us complete access to the VITA and the memory card

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
we'll continue this discussion in a month or less that's how liong i predict the hack will be complete

endofline.png
I LOVE LOVE LOVE how when you're basically losing in a discussion or post troll comments and people out you, you post this picture, say END OF LINE or other random bullcrap because you just can't think of anything to say.

If you can't reply or backup stuff you say, DON'T POST IT.

Reactions: 4 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1