outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey guys,
Ive been looking for a fix for EVER and not even Mircosoft knows what to do and quite frankly its PISSING ME OFF >=O
what is, is that i have a new laptop (This years model) and its running vista
It FAR surpasses the specs to run it, so thats fine,
But my problem is whenever i load something, play music, youtube, ill get "hang" caused by my CPU running at 100% :wtf:
Ive got SERVERAL programs monitering the Processes and none of them pick up ANYTHING using a bunch of CPU, Other than the System Idle process, which is fine.
Ive searched my Laptop for Spyware, Malware, Viruses Everything, Nothing came back other than a few tracking cookies, ive REFORMATED it deleting EVERYTHING and re-installing windows which leads me to believe its hardware? But nonononono Acer ENSURES me its not the hardware, and microsoft doesnt have a clue what they are doing, they told me to reformat, alot of good that did me. So IS it hardware, is there anything i can do?

Help please >_<
~Jordan (Outgum)

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had a similar problem on my laptop when it runned vista. many applications just hung for some minutes, although the cpu didn't went up to 100%

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ive been told Windows 7 can be used to fix this, ive always hated vista, but im trying to stop myself from spending $250 on getting 7 (Thats how much it is here)
So im trying to find alternatives

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did you buy it? I'm surprised it didn't come with a "free upgrade" to 7 offer, if it's as new as you say. Or did they not run that promotion in New Zealand?

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I might try to do that.
Ive been messing around in task manager and monitering my cpu, Theres a program called consent.exe does any one who what this is, also audiodg.exe and Trusted Installer.exe, None of which are viruses, But i dont know what to do about it. There are all using high CPU, running at 100% now >_>

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I also had a similar problem on my laptop which also far exceeded the requirements of Windows Vista. However, I found this problem to only exist while using the OEM version of Vista which came with my computer. When using a retail release of Windows Vista I encountered no such problems, which to be honest is just silly.

Since then I've reinstalled my laptop a couple of times. Downgraded to Windows XP for a short moment, but soon got rid of it as Windows XP has lacking HDMI drivers. Then I upgraded to Windows 7 on the day of its leak and ever since then I haven't had any problems at all with my laptop.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
outgum said:
Ive been told Windows 7 can be used to fix this, ive always hated vista, but im trying to stop myself from spending $250 on getting 7 (Thats how much it is here)
So im trying to find alternatives

Wait... You was actually thinking about buying it?

D

Deleted User

I have the same problem as well, it only started up about 2 months ago, it "hangs" when i try to laod a program.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Minox_IX said:
I also had a similar problem on my laptop which also far exceeded the requirements of Windows Vista. However, I found this problem to only exist while using the OEM version of Vista which came with my computer. When using a retail release of Windows Vista I encountered no such problems, which to be honest is just silly.

Since then I've reinstalled my laptop a couple of times. Downgraded to Windows XP for a short moment, but soon got rid of it as Windows XP has lacking HDMI drivers. Then I upgraded to Windows 7 on the day of its leak and ever since then I haven't had any problems at all with my laptop.

Hmmmm, I was thinking about going down to vista, cause i to am using the vista that CAME with my laptop, Maybe ill get a retial OR ill "upgrade" to XP first!
Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It came from someone's porch I have the receipt