Visa card issue on eshop

Discussion in 'Wii U - Nintendo Network' started by Omer, May 18, 2015.

1. Omer
    OP

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Hello, as you can see I'm from asia but I have an american Wii U with an american account on eshop. I tried today to add 50 US dollar on my account using my country Visa card and entering a LA postal code.Nintendo didn't accept My Visa card but I received a message on my phone telling me that 50 $ is transected from my Visa card but my balance on e-shop is the same. So what can I do now , how can I get my money back ? Will Nintendo return the money back ?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Odd. I would give it a few days since it might just have automatically reserved the money on your card.
    If the money doesn't return give Nintendo a call.
    On the 3DS it was possible to use any card by simply setting the region to Brazil. This might work on Wii U too.

3. Omer
    OP

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Thanks. I can't do the process again . I will try to create a new account and set it to Brazil in the future, but for now I'm concerned about getting my money back

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It's a problem across all online services - they're not banks, they can't exchange currency and thus your Brazilian Visa gets automatically rejected. You should get your money back from the bounced transaction soon, next time I suggest buying points cards on Amazon - you'll get the code via e-mail.

5. Omer
    OP

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Excuse me for this question :Ddo you mean that I will get the money back automatically or should I do something to get it back?

6. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    That makes no sense. A Visa card is issued by a bank, that bank should have no problem converting currency between whatever Brazil uses and US dollars. To the online services it should be completely transparent. That's not to say they might still not block out of region cards, but it shouldn't have anything to do with an inability to get currency changed, more to do with typical region blocking nonsense.

edit: Actually it seems this isn't actual happening from Brazil, anyway, someone just suggested setting the system to Brazil, and things got confused from there.

7. Omer
    OP

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    I now read it in the Nintendo website page it says that :
    • The funds are being held by the credit card issuer, not Nintendo.
    • The length that funds are held is determined by the card company and not Nintendo. Generally funds are returned within 24 hours to a few days, based upon the card issuer's policies.
    • Work with the credit card issuer to release the funds, and verify the information being entered is correct before attempting the purchase again

8. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Contact your bank.

9. Omer
    OP

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    I suppose will wait for few days b4 contacting them

10. 3DSXLGamer

3DSXLGamer GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2013
    Canada
    Animal Forest
    The actual problem is the US eshop doesn't let you use foreign credit cards, you have to have a US credit card to pay.
    You can use the Canadian eShop with a foreign credit card.

11. Omer
    OP

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Are you sure? I don't want to encounter this problem agian . My bank told me that the process is pending till now although the money is transected.

12. 3DSXLGamer

3DSXLGamer GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2013
    Canada
    Animal Forest

Yep, it's commonly asked on gamefaqs. You can google it if you need more proof, the transaction will only go through if you use a US credit card. Either buy US eshop cards if you want to continue the US eshop or use the Canadian eshop with your card.