Virtual Console Injection. Is Mega Drive/Genesis possible?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by steocullen91, Feb 15, 2017.

1. steocullen91
    OP

steocullen91 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2017
    Dublin
    I've seen that you can inject snes, nes, gb, gba etc. but is it possible to do the same with sega games? I can't find anything about doing it or what to use. I know how to do the rest of them.

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Hopalongtom likes this.
  3. Mark McDonut

Mark McDonut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2008
    United States
    i think you can inject into a sega 3d classics cia, i found some on that iso site that were injected but they still had the sonic 2 3d classics artwork.

I suppose if one of us had the time we could strip down and edit the artwork inside and customize some, maybe ohana3ds could be of use for something like this.

4. steocullen91
    OP

Jan 29, 2017
    Dublin
    Cool thanks I'll have a try at this. Just for a few games that aren't on the virtual console want and it's easier having it there rather than having to use an emulator and load it up.

A lot of my favorite games I grew up playing were on Sega Mega Drive so I don't mind putting in effort to get them to work :)

Last edited by steocullen91, Feb 15, 2017
  5. maxGREGSZ

maxGREGSZ Banned

Banned
    Feb 6, 2017
    There's those sega 3d games though could we inject roms into those.

6. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    you can try retroarch's picodrive emulator. it works really well, especially on O3ds

7. steocullen91
    OP

Jan 29, 2017
    Dublin
    I like the idea of the forwarder because I like having the game on my home screen and the banners look cool lol. Still though I'll check it out since I have a new and old 3ds. Planning to keep both consoles just in case.

8. Hopalongtom

Hopalongtom GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    The Ultimate Gen forwarder is great, I've just tried a few Sonic Romhacks on there and runs great!

9. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    it possible to inject ROMS into sega 3d classics, but its not perfect, you can get some glitches XD

10. steocullen91
    OP

Jan 29, 2017
    Dublin
    I tried the forwarder and it seems to work really well. There's a lot of good sega games and I'll try out that sonic rom injection just to see what happens lol.