Virtual Console Arcade ROM injecting ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by foolkiller, Apr 3, 2009.

Apr 3, 2009
  1. foolkiller
    OP

Newcomer foolkiller Newbie

United States
    Anyone know if this can be done yet? And do we know if the roms are MAME based?

2. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    just use a MAME emulator isn't there one for the wii?

3. rabapab23

Newcomer rabapab23 Member

United States
    Yes, there is a MAME emu 4 wii, but it's horribly slow and I really never got a game to load on it. I think that should be the next project... please??

4. sr_corsario

Member sr_corsario GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Games on 0000002_app_out\RomImage\Title00_bin_LZ.bin but looks like to be compressed... or something...

HowardC are you here?

Gaplus, Mappy and the tower of druaga with same structure

5. HowardC

Member HowardC GBAtemp Fan

United States
    LOL.... yes I've looked into it but at the present there isn't much use in persuing the format.

These "classic" arcade games ran on fairly specific hardware. Other than maybe getting a different region's rom to work in a wad I doubt we could get much more working. Even in mame which merges games that run on SIMILAR (note I didn't say identical) hardware, there are only 3 or 4 games that run on the mappy driver, two of which we might actually care about.

If they release something that runs on a generic pcb like street figher II, or metal slug I then I'll start looking into it as that would mean about 200+ potential injections. For now I'll let it rest.

I will say this..... I'm not sure it's a rom but rather a snapshot in memory as the VC roms are strangely larger than the mame roms? If it is, it might be impossible for us to inject games.

6. CyberAxe

Newcomer CyberAxe Member

United Kingdom
    I'm pretty sure i saw a metal slug game on the neogeo section of the wii shop the other day but since neo geo has its own category that can already potentially be injected already with the only real limit being the rom size dependign on that largest game released so far

7. HowardC

Member HowardC GBAtemp Fan

United States
    you saw the CONSOLE version of metal slug [​IMG]

8. CyberAxe

Newcomer CyberAxe Member

United Kingdom
    well reguardless you used metal slug as an example of a "generic" board of which there are quite a few games using even if none of them are metal slug

9. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    >.< noo!
    Hopefully future games could bring more hope in the arcade injection. Since the MAME Wii project is already dead.