Hacking Virginizing wii

Treflex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been following up on the wii scene in months. What i'd like to know, is if there is a way to bring my wii to a clean homebrew free state where i can then install the latest/safest hacks? A few months ago i believe i installed the softmii package, either v1 or v2, and that also installed CIOScorp which i hear is very dangerous and since then i havent wanted to install anything new in fear of bricking my wii. Is there a safe way to revert the hacked ios's to normal? I also have starfall v4 and preloader, and my cios is like rev7 or 8 under ios 249 ( if any of that info is important, i could go find out the exact info from my wii)

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks
smile.gif
Also my wii is on 3.2u, i have no bootmii installed.

D

Deleted member 180466

Treflex said:
I haven't been following up on the wii scene in months. What i'd like to know, is if there is a way to bring my wii to a clean homebrew free state where i can then install the latest/safest hacks? A few months ago i believe i installed the softmii package, either v1 or v2, and that also installed CIOScorp which i hear is very dangerous and since then i havent wanted to install anything new in fear of bricking my wii. Is there a safe way to revert the hacked ios's to normal? I also have starfall v4 and preloader, and my cios is like rev7 or 8 under ios 249 ( if any of that info is important, i could go find out the exact info from my wii)

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks
smile.gif
Also my wii is on 3.2u

Here you go!

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133557

Just follow the guide to fix your Wii!

playingsolitare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think cIOSCORP is dangerous... the most dangerous part about it is installing it, which you've already done. People fear that their wii will somehow get disconnected from the power supply in the 3 minutes it takes to install cIOSCORP. I have it and personally I love cIOSCORP.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, why do ppl hate cIOSCORP so much? Ya, I know it modifies all your IOS files but it works great and the installation is so simple.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playingsolitare said:
I don't think cIOSCORP is dangerous... the most dangerous part about it is installing it, which you've already done. People fear that their wii will somehow get disconnected from the power supply in the 3 minutes it takes to install cIOSCORP. I have it and personally I love cIOSCORP.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, why do ppl hate cIOSCORP so much? Ya, I know it modifies all your IOS files but it works great and the installation is so simple.
Because it's "the operating system that runs on the Starlet coprocessor inside the Hollywood package. It provides the services that are used by Wii code to access most of the system devices." Meaning, it's basically makes the Wii function. You have to be careful when messing with IOS Files, very careful. So much goes on within those 3 minutes, it's hard to believe.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playingsolitare said:

Because people try to update their Wii's and don't know how to deal with CIOSCORP when doing so and all too often end up bricking their Wii's as a result. The reason it isn't liked is because there isn't really a noob friendly easy way to get rid of all of it aside from having a NAND backup and a boot2 install of bootmii before installing it.

Edit: On top of the whole concept of pretty much modifying EVERYTHING official about your Wii. Nothing modifies your Wii NEARLY as much as CIOSCORP does, and while the installation may seem easy enough, what it is doing is certainly not so simple.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-